Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2019, 02:31 PM

15,253 posts, read 13,020,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
The original post expressed concern about approaches, either from aggressive come ons from personal trainers or from other members. Approaches are what starts the mating/dating process.
She didn't ask about the "mating/dating" process either.

OP, I signed up with Snap Fitness in Fountain Hills a few months ago. I was disheartened to find they have NO female trainers. In retrospect I realize I should have asked before joining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2019, 07:31 PM

296 posts, read 365,507 times
RJ312, seriously just stop. Your responses are really inappropriate and condescending. The OP wants a gym that has mostly women. It sounds like she wants that because of prior personal experiences or what she has witnessed. It isn't your place to invalidate her experience or wishes by telling her what she gym she really needs. (Your comments fall into the category that some call "mansplaining".) Even when the OP mentioned your responses were odd you even doubled down. You should leave this thread because you are not being helpful to the OP. DO NOT respond to me here as that would be derailing this thread as you have in the first place. PM me if you want to respond. I'm not sure where else would be appropriate at all.

Old 12-26-2019, 04:52 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,226,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenW View Post
RJ312, seriously just stop. Your responses are really inappropriate and condescending. The OP wants a gym that has mostly women. It sounds like she wants that because of prior personal experiences or what she has witnessed. It isn't your place to invalidate her experience or wishes by telling her what she gym she really needs. (Your comments fall into the category that some call "mansplaining".) Even when the OP mentioned your responses were odd you even doubled down. You should leave this thread because you are not being helpful to the OP. DO NOT respond to me here as that would be derailing this thread as you have in the first place. PM me if you want to respond. I'm not sure where else would be appropriate at all.
After reading his responses with my jaw wide open, I think the OP just proved her point.

Old 12-26-2019, 05:51 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,479,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post

OP, I signed up with Snap Fitness in Fountain Hills a few months ago. I was disheartened to find they have NO female trainers. In retrospect I realize I should have asked before joining.
I do not realize the confusion. The topic is approaches in gyms. I looked at the broader context of a person new to a city and single, a circumstance that is common for many people. I don't realize why this is such a tremendous leap. Approaches for any sort of purpose, but often to spark an intended sexual relationship, happen in both coed and in all female gyms. This is not a profound concept.

Quote:
This should have been a PM.

Old 12-26-2019, 06:11 AM

5,463 posts, read 4,086,184 times
The topic is "mostly female gyms in the area" - NOT "is it OK to pick up dates in a gym" or "where will you meet people when you want to hook up." OP's reasons for asking are her own and not up for discussion.

Old 12-27-2019, 08:14 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,915,752 times
My best friends wife goes to jabz boxing and loves it and she has had incredible results.

Old 12-27-2019, 08:40 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,326,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytoaz View Post
My best friends wife goes to jabz boxing and loves it and she has had incredible results.
I would love to go there but it's expensive!

Old 12-27-2019, 11:25 AM

9 posts, read 8,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
After reading his responses with my jaw wide open, I think the OP just proved her point.
It's all too common No matter the question, there's always someone out there who just NEEDS you to know his opinion on women.

Quote:
this exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post

Hey got your PM, thanks! And regarding female trainers, yep, it's one of those things that don't seem important until it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
The topic is "mostly female gyms in the area" - NOT "is it OK to pick up dates in a gym" or "where will you meet people when you want to hook up." OP's reasons for asking are her own and not up for discussion.
If anything, the [mod cut - no personal attacks] guy's posts were helpful in that I'm going to try and avoid places he and his ilk might go

Thanks everyone for your help and thoughts. I know it's a huge ask these days to expect normalcy on the internet, but glad to see it still exists

Last edited by VTsnowbird; 12-28-2019 at 07:57 AM..

Old 12-30-2019, 10:16 AM

40 posts, read 44,686 times
Got pics?

Old 12-30-2019, 07:06 PM

15,253 posts, read 13,020,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixBabe90 View Post
Hey got your PM, thanks! And regarding female trainers, yep, it's one of those things that don't seem important until it is
Where I came from, the vast majority of trainers ARE women. Basically women with school age kids or older women looking to pick up a few sessions a week to supplement their retirement.

They can't all be working in Pilates studios here, can they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area