Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2019, 07:36 AM

149 posts, read 533,343 times

Advertisements

We are looking for an undersink RO system. If you own one of these two systems, we'd love to hear about your experiences on the quality of the drinking water, the system, the services, or anything else that you'd like to share.

If anyone would like to recommend any other brands, we'd love to hear from you as well. Thank you so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2019, 10:21 AM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times
I'm not sure if there's much difference between brands....when I google the topic they all seem to look very much the same ... a tank, 3 vertical filters, 1 horizontal filter across the top (usually). Our house was built with a line under the sink to feed the ice maker in the fridge and the R.O. systems have an output that feeds R.O. water to your ice maker. Most fridges have a water filter and with the R.O. system some people may be tempted to not use the filter in the fridge. We chose to use our fridge filter as well to get even more stuff out of the water.

I've never seen Consumer Reports rate these things so I take the seller's claims with a grain of salt about how well they work. I suspect the vast majority of these R.O. systems to all work about the same. Anyone selling one of these will tell you their's is the best (Oh sure, the check is in the mail! ... I paid cash for my Benz! I borrow at prime rate!). Brands on Amazon will probably state their specs but we've heard in the media lately that a given percentage of glowing reviews are bogus. Paying a lot more for a small incremental improvement in stated specs is probably not money well spent.

We have an R.O. unit put in by ProSkill who serve this far upper Peoria area. For an annual service fee they come by and replace the filters and also flush the crud from the water heater while they're here. We're full time, year-round residents and we use about 1 to 1.5 gallons of R.O. water every day.

One thing I did was buy was a TDS meter to check the amount of Total Dissolved Solids in our water. IIRC the EPA recommends keeping the PPM for TDS at 50 or below. My Peoria water comes out of the tap at about 475 PPM for TDS, probably calcium or lime, not sure. My R.O. filter outputs water at about 75 PPM and after the R.O. water goes through the filter in the refrigerator is comes out at 45PPM. These are about $20 on Amazon or other sites. When the PPM number starts rising for water from the refrigerator then I know it's time to change that filter.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 12-26-2019 at 10:32 AM..

Old 12-26-2019, 10:49 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,945,803 times
I got 2 of these from amazon for me and my folks we love the way the water tastes and I also had it hooked up to my refrigerator for clean ice and water. It tastes much better than bottled water
iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Superb Taste High Capacity Under Sink Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System with Alkaline Remineralization - Natural pH

Old 12-26-2019, 12:19 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,723,555 times
Somebody else posted this company in a previous thread: https://www.premierh2o.com/

Can't attest to their quality, but thought it was cool that they were headquartered in AZ.

Old 12-27-2019, 06:05 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,156,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
Somebody else posted this company in a previous thread: https://www.premierh2o.com/

Can't attest to their quality, but thought it was cool that they were headquartered in AZ.
I posted that one. To expand, they make a ton of parts for nearly all of the RO brands across the country. Meaning, most brands are just glorified kit builders using other people's parts. When buying an RO system, a large part of their longevity will be based on how much their replacement parts cost and can you acquire them later when they wear out. I ran into this exact problem with another RO company when the filters/membranes cost about the same to replace as buying a brand new system. Some of the kit builders manipulated their internal part number which makes it tougher to cross-reference it to a Premier part.

When I decided to add an RO system to my MN home, I just bought the Premier. If I was in the market for one in AZ again, I would call them to see if they have an outlet onsite.

Old 12-27-2019, 06:25 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,156,127 times
Interestingly enough, one of the OPs brands of RO was "Home Master". A quick google shows them to be located at:
Perfect Water Technologies, Inc.
7701 E Gray Rd, Ste 109
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

The owner has a few patents so they at least are more than a kit builder. To the OP. Stay away from the cheap black flip-style handles. They gurgle when they are producing the water. Plus, they break and are cheap looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area