Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 07:31 AM

236 posts, read 208,899 times

Advertisements

Did not write a book Did not make any comments>that was for my forum buddies> just saying. Just sent 2 messages. I have moved on. I will never know the answer. I do not want to know anymore. Let's all move on. Thanks for the long responses. We will start looking elsewhere near Phoenix. Some responses I receive like to stress their concerns about water shortages coming and too many people moving there and crime and bla bla bla.> I try to ignore it. I found out 1 thing. Getting peoples perspectives of a city they live in should never be taken too seriously. But CD is sure useful for getting real facts etc from people. I enjoy some of the humorous responses and try to ignore the insulting ones. Like the guy who joked why he lived in Phoenix when it was so darn hot and he said>Someone told him to go to Hell<< Very funny>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2021, 07:39 AM

9,744 posts, read 11,165,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEOPATRAZEUS View Post
Did not write a book Did not make any comments>that was for my forum buddies> just saying. Just sent 2 messages. I have moved on. I will never know the answer. I do not want to know anymore. Let's all move on. Thanks for the long responses. We will start looking elsewhere near Phoenix. Some responses I receive like to stress their concerns about water shortages coming and too many people moving there and crime and bla bla bla.> I try to ignore it. I found out 1 thing. Getting peoples perspectives of a city they live in should never be taken too seriously. But CD is sure useful for getting real facts etc from people. I enjoy some of the humorous responses and try to ignore the insulting ones. Like the guy who joked why he lived in Phoenix when it was so darn hot and he said>Someone told him to go to Hell<< Very funny>
Forgetting about this home that you don't care about any longer, my post explained my experiences. All too often, emails go unanswered. Like a lot of people in sales, agents have to check email, texts, vmails on their cell and vmails at their office. And they get semi-lazy when it comes to following up. Especially when they are busy. When you combine what I typed with lower-priced property (it takes the same amount of work in selling a $1M home as a $200K home), you have to be more aggressive in getting a response. Combine this with an industry where people are agents part-time and starving. As I said, welcome to 2021: an era of p*ss-poor service.

I've posted before that I wished for a recession so that people can be realigned. Some people feel that they are entitled to a living. We got our recession, but now, people have a multi-trillion dollar safety net. On the backs of our kids and grandkids. In summary, you can underperform in life and you just might take home more money versus going to work. We live in a nanny state.

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 03-17-2021 at 07:48 AM..

Old 03-17-2021, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Forgetting about this home that you don't care about any longer, my post explained my experiences. All too often, emails go unanswered. Like a lot of people in sales, agents have to check email, texts, vmails on their cell and vmails at their office. And they get semi-lazy when it comes to following up. Especially when they are busy. When you combine what I typed with lower-priced property (it takes the same amount of work in selling a $1M home as a $200K home), you have to be more aggressive in getting a response. Combine this with an industry where people are agents part-time and starving. As I said, welcome to 2021: an era of p*ss-poor service.

I've posted before that I wished for a recession so that people can be realigned. Some people feel that they are entitled to a living. We got our recession, but now, people have a multi-trillion dollar safety net. On the backs of our kids and grandkids. In summary, you can underperform in life and you just might take home more money versus going to work. We live in a nanny state.
Yes I agree. Free money is never Free<< People keep telling us how much more we will get for our home if we sell now>> But that just means we pay more for our another home> I would rather get less and have more inventory to chose from like it used to be. The natural order of selling and buying a home seems so stressfull all of a sudden. Maybe since we have been in our home for 28 years we did not realize what happened so fast with real estate and we are told there is a shortage of homes available. Just not what we expected.

Old 03-17-2021, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Yes I agree. Free money is never Free<< People keep telling us how much more we will get for our home if we sell now>> But that just means we pay more for our another home> I would rather get less and have more inventory to chose from like it used to be. The natural order of selling and buying a home seems so stressfull all of a sudden. Maybe since we have been in our home for 28 years we did not realize what happened so fast with real estate and we are told there is a shortage of homes available. Just not what we expected.
Timing is everything. The best time to buy in a retirement community is in the summer. You have fewer buyers.

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 03-17-2021 at 11:02 AM..

Old 03-17-2021, 09:57 AM

Thats what I am waiting for> not scared of a little heat>>Well, Not scared of a lot of heat>>

Old 03-17-2021, 02:29 PM

720 posts, read 734,690 times
Quote:
I guess some people did not understand the question. I was hoping maybe a realty agent or someone who had first hand knowledge of similar situations could shed some light on why a property would advertise a pest problem instead of the seller fixing the problem so they could sell their property since it has been it been on the maket for 6 months. I did not expect someone to have a crystal ball to know what kind of pests. First time I saw something like that especially in a sellers market and it made no sense to me. I did contact them and no reply. Seems like they DO NOT want to sell anyway. Just leave it in the MLS forever while other similar properties sell in days.

I found it wierd the property description states that HOA covers pest control>>> Misleading>>>
Hi Cleopatra - I'm coming late to this post sorry - this listing is from a flat fee company so that's why you're not getting any response - they expect another realtor to make the phone calls and show etc. I called the owner - it's roof rats. If you want to move forward with it or see it- please let me know - can DM me - thx, Maha

Old 03-17-2021, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoochaz View Post
Hi Cleopatra - I'm coming late to this post sorry - this listing is from a flat fee company so that's why you're not getting any response - they expect another realtor to make the phone calls and show etc. I called the owner - it's roof rats. If you want to move forward with it or see it- please let me know - can DM me - thx, Maha
Thank you so very much. People are so helpful here at CD. I guess I am naive about HOA'S also. Not sure I want a patio home or duplex now after this. Have to research and be careful. I am sure not all HOA'S are made the same.

Old 03-17-2021, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Thank you so very much. People are so helpful here at CD. I guess I am naive about HOA'S also. Not sure I want a patio home or duplex now after this. Have to research and be careful. I am sure not all HOA'S are made the same.
They are. But in case you didn't read between the lines, smoochaz is nudging you to give her a call/DM. i.e., she is a knowledgeable RE professional that was able to get answers for you when you came up empty. Hint: You need local (boots on the ground) help.

Old 03-17-2021, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
They are. But in case you didn't read between the lines, smoochaz is nudging you to give her a call/DM. i.e., she is a knowledgeable RE professional that was able to get answers for you when you came up empty. Hint: You need local (boots on the ground) help.
Yes I did see that>>>

Old 03-18-2021, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Yes I did see that>>>
Just an FYI. For whatever reason, your period key (.) is locked in a shift mode. The result is a period that looks like a >. So dot dot dot (or ...) turns into a >>>.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area