Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 09:29 AM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2410238 View Post
You'd think people would be more open to the idea of an audit to prove this was the "Most secure election in historyâ„¢"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
The only one's that object to an audit are those that are afraid of what an audit might find. They're not fooling anyone.
You guys seem to be missing the fact that the clown show taking place is in no way an audit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2021, 07:58 AM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
You guys seem to be missing the fact that the clown show taking place is in no way an audit.
I've heard it called a "fraudit".

Old 07-10-2021, 08:33 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,878,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
Sorry, I find their articles bland and superficial, with mediocre writing.

And, yes, I criticize a paper for a major metropolitan area (for the whole state, really), for being overly local - I've sometimes cited their front pages for having only local stories, no news beyond Arizona borders, no matter what the uproar in the rest of the country or rest of the world - but then I thought it praiseworthy that they were being assertive, for once. I find nothing contradictory in that.

I *want* my local paper to be overly local!

The entire reason I read a paper such as the Republic in Phoenix or the Daily Star in Tucson is to find out what's happening locally and in the area. I don't want my local paper wasting time reprinting wire service stories about what's happening in DC or in London, Paris or New Zealand. There are hundreds of other sources at which you can read national and international news, but no one else but your local paper is going to tell you what's happening down at the City Council.

Old 07-15-2021, 05:52 PM

2,375 posts, read 2,706,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I’m sure they’re trembling that anonymous City Data poster is criticizing them
I was explaining my view to Bondurant, not trying to impress the Republic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
The only one's that object to an audit are those that are afraid of what an audit might find. They're not fooling anyone.
As long as you distinguish between people objecting to a competent audit out of fear, as you say, versus objecting to an audit by incompetent, biased novices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Why not say what you really mean? You do not like the Republic (usually) because they do not write the kind of articles you want them to, meaning with the slant that you want. And gosh darn it, if they do not, then 'they' need to do something about it. Until they write a story you believe in.
No. I object to the Republic because it's shallow and limited. I never said a word about believing in anything. I believe them - I just don't think they have much that's worthwhile or done well. You apparently think you can only think well of something with your own slant.

Old 07-16-2021, 06:15 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,089,707 times
Quote:
<snip>, versus objecting to an audit by incompetent, biased novices.
The only people calling them incompetent are those who are against the whole idea of an audit in the first place. Imagine that.

Old 07-16-2021, 07:30 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times
Quote:
The only people calling them incompetent are those who are against the whole idea of an audit in the first place. Imagine that.
Dig a little deeper. Conservatives with some critical thinking skills think it is a joke too. Imagine that. https://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...ys/7695694002/

Old 07-16-2021, 07:39 AM

7,505 posts, read 4,347,082 times
Quote:

Old 07-16-2021, 09:28 AM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Dig a little deeper. Conservatives with some critical thinking skills think it is a joke too. Imagine that. https://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...ys/7695694002/
Exactly. The live tweeting rebutting every nonsensical point that Fann and her cronies were trying to make during yesterday's stunt was done by the REPUBLICAN Maricopa County Recorder. There are plenty on both sides that see this humiliation for what it is. By definition, no real conservative supports this charade that panders to the lowest common denominator.

From yesterday (also a Republican):

Last edited by DetroitN8V; 07-16-2021 at 09:39 AM..

Old 07-16-2021, 10:19 AM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:

No. I object to the Republic because it's shallow and limited. I never said a word about believing in anything. I believe them - I just don't think they have much that's worthwhile or done well. You apparently think you can only think well of something with your own slant.
I'm not really clear what you're expecting.

It's not the New York Times or the Washington Post. I don't expect it to be, particularly in a media environment where they are competing with CNN, MSNBC, fox, and a myriad of online news services.

Old 07-16-2021, 04:54 PM

1,108 posts, read 3,320,435 times
The Arizona Republic is alright for local coverage. The rest is talking points mostly from the AP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area