Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2022, 08:47 PM

13,300 posts, read 7,339,094 times

Advertisements

Was using a hedge trimmer on some bushes. There was a wasp nest in there got stung once thought it was a torn from the bush until I noticed about 5-6 wasps flying right at me had run fast. My wife went back out with 3 cans of wasp spray and was able to get enough of them to find the nest and spray it right on the nest. She knocked it out of the bush and smashed it.

We usually have a few land in our pool this year we had 4-5 at a time in our pool now we know the source. Normally they build under an eve we always look for them spray them didn't expect them to be in that bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2022, 05:51 AM

39,086 posts, read 51,273,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Was using a hedge trimmer on some bushes. There was a wasp nest in there got stung once thought it was a torn from the bush until I noticed about 5-6 wasps flying right at me had run fast. My wife went back out with 3 cans of wasp spray and was able to get enough of them to find the nest and spray it right on the nest. She knocked it out of the bush and smashed it.

We usually have a few land in our pool this year we had 4-5 at a time in our pool now we know the source. Normally they build under an eve we always look for them spray them didn't expect them to be in that bush.
Keep that woman.

Old 06-13-2022, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Keep that woman.
She did areal battle with them reminded me of ghostbusters movie those 12 foot stream of wasp spray. We found the spectercide wasp pro in the white can works much better then the green cans. Wasp will just drop dead when that stuff hits them. The Green can cheaper it takes longer they still fly around.

I had gone out there before tried to spray the bush one chased me they are fast. I was telling her we might have to call an exterminator wear a bee suit get close enough to open the bush up see where the nest was. She didn't want to spend the money went back got them.

Old 06-13-2022, 12:26 PM

11,081 posts, read 6,912,808 times
I was going to start a thread because I just got stung by a yellowjacket wasp 45 minutes ago. It was a juvenile. I made a baking soda paste and it took the pain away, right away. Then I knocked down the nest that was started right above where I sit on my porch. Almost got stung again.

This is new, meaning it is the first time I've seen yellowjackets on the property. The wasps from last year left us completely alone.

Old 06-13-2022, 01:16 PM

4,073 posts, read 5,155,761 times
We were in the pool Saturday and noticed a lot more paper wasps landing than normal. Wonder if they are just more active or moving locations natively, I haven't found any nests yet.

Old 06-13-2022, 03:31 PM

39,086 posts, read 51,273,483 times
Quote:
She did areal battle with them reminded me of ghostbusters movie those 12 foot stream of wasp spray. We found the spectercide wasp pro in the white can works much better then the green cans. Wasp will just drop dead when that stuff hits them. The Green can cheaper it takes longer they still fly around.

I had gone out there before tried to spray the bush one chased me they are fast. I was telling her we might have to call an exterminator wear a bee suit get close enough to open the bush up see where the nest was. She didn't want to spend the money went back got them.
LOL. That's how it's done. Cans a'blazin'. Knocks them right out of the air. Don't try it on killer bees though.

Old 06-14-2022, 12:40 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,640,327 times
I lived in East Mesa for 19 years. Had run-ins with snakes, scorpions, blackwidows, and cockroches(indoors and outdoors), and many bees, without being stung.

We moved to south-western Idaho, and took two yellowjack stings within a week. They pack a punch.

Old 06-14-2022, 05:14 PM

11,081 posts, read 6,912,808 times
I think I got lucky. It was only one yellow jacket and it was a juvenile. The stinger didn't even go in but let me tell you it sure hurt afterward. Thank God for baking soda paste.

Old 06-14-2022, 06:47 PM

843 posts, read 566,957 times
Quote:

I read somewhere about a suggestion to use the wasp spray as a home defense weapon. Spray the intruder in the face with it!

Old 06-15-2022, 01:50 AM

We had a few under the porch easy to get rid of them wait till night and spray them they can't really see well at night. This is the first time ever seen one in a bush. The odd thing I trimmed half the bush they didn't come out wasn't until I got around the side where the nest was they suddenly appaired. Before I trim bushes in the summer hit it a few times with a broom see if any come out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: