Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 05:03 PM

2,375 posts, read 2,706,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolobo13 View Post
You get that their website doesn't exactly inspire confidence, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2022, 09:47 PM

13,232 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Don't go to a chiropractor neck manipulation can cause nerve damage. I have a paralyzed diaphragm on my right side because my phrenic nerve is dead in the neck area where it exits between the vertebra. I was diagnosed by a neurologist who told me while my condition is rare the some are a direct result of chiropractic neck manipulation. That is the first thing he asked me if go to chiropractors I never been to one. Now I'm left half a lung capacity on one side I no longer can ski because I get winded too easy.

I would see an orthopedic sports medicine doctor who specializes in the back.

Last edited by kell490; 06-30-2022 at 10:02 PM..

Old 06-30-2022, 10:53 PM

132 posts, read 88,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
Why don't you tell us what your symptoms are?

Or just go to a pain management place and see what they say. Why did you ask for a chiropractor in the first place? What makes you think that's the route to go (even though you obviously think they are bad people)?

Old 07-01-2022, 07:48 AM

7,167 posts, read 9,216,704 times
Quote:
Why not? They have a sense of humor. No quick cure. Physical therapy is about improving the body incrementally. They're not trying to replace whatever Dr you're into. Instead it's about finding exercises to improve your condition.

And yes, I watch their YouTube when it's about something related to my problems. I have picked up exercises that have helped.

Old 07-03-2022, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamhbonney View Post
I couldn't care less about improving the reputation of a profession to someone who knows nothing about it and boldly states that most are charlatans. You don't even seem to know what's wrong with you or what type of help you need. If you pulled a muscle, for instance, a chiropractor can't do much anything to help you.

Public opinion? Why would I care about that? I care about talking with people who have the same issues as me. They also swear by good chiropractors because we know we'd be on disability without them. My chiropractor doesn't really fix anything on me, he performs maintenance and keeps my body in check. My problems are just not fixable. It's not his fault.

I would hope a chiropractor would sit and talk with you a minute, and after seeing your attitude, just ask you to leave. It's called firing the customer. I sure don't need to hear attitude like that while I'm waiting for my weekly adjustment.
Is a close relative of yours a chiropractor? I've never seen anyone be so touchy about a profession, unless he happened to have a personal connection.

Old 07-03-2022, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Don't go to a chiropractor neck manipulation can cause nerve damage. I have a paralyzed diaphragm on my right side because my phrenic nerve is dead in the neck area where it exits between the vertebra. I was diagnosed by a neurologist who told me while my condition is rare the some are a direct result of chiropractic neck manipulation. That is the first thing he asked me if go to chiropractors I never been to one. Now I'm left half a lung capacity on one side I no longer can ski because I get winded too easy.

I would see an orthopedic sports medicine doctor who specializes in the back.

Funny you should mention sports medicine. While I've been looking unsuccessfully for a generalist orthopedist who treats the whole body (everyone seems to specialize in body parts), someone suggested that sports medicine would be the way to go. After calling around, I discovered that, no, sports medicine orthopedists aren't generalists - they tend to specialize in knees and shoulders.

Your injury sounds scary Thanks for the warning.

Old 07-03-2022, 05:18 PM

132 posts, read 88,510 times
Quote:
Is a close relative of yours a chiropractor? I've never seen anyone be so touchy about a profession, unless he happened to have a personal connection.
Hardly.

You think you know what you're talking about and you don't. Why do you think a chiropractor might be able to help you anyway? What is wrong and where?

You're asking about a huge range of remedies and haven't said anything at all about what the problem is.

Old 07-03-2022, 05:52 PM

277 posts, read 291,098 times
Chiropractor: “How can I help you?”
Patient: Doc, my back is killing me”.
Chiropractor: “My fee is $100 per adjustment “.
Patient: “How many will I need?”
Chiropractor: How much money do you have?”
Patient: “$800
Chiropractor: “I can cure you in about eight sessions “.

Old 07-15-2022, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJoeD View Post
If you haven't already found someone. Give Dr. Carmachel a call at Paradise Village Chiropractic. 602-953-1900.

He specializes in Rehabilitation and Acupuncture. His office is at Tatum and Thunderbird. He is excellent.

You won't be sorry.
Thanks! I called and they were vey cordial on the phone, which was a pleasant surprise.

Old 07-17-2022, 02:00 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,771,178 times
Quote:
Well, if you are at all aware of public opinion, you know that chiropractors overall have a poor reputation.

And if you were hoping to improve that reputation, I'd think you'd be eager to share the name of someone good.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peester View Post
Chiropractor: “How can I help you?”
Patient: Doc, my back is killing me”.
Chiropractor: “My fee is $100 per adjustment “.
Patient: “How many will I need?”
Chiropractor: How much money do you have?”
Patient: “$800
Chiropractor: “I can cure you in about eight sessions “.
Oh and meanwhile “I’ll cure your asthma, acne, low libido, and wait for it - you’ll lose 25 pounds!” It is no secret that chiropractors have very little oversight so can make these crazy claims. Try that in the medical field and the medical board or nursing board would snatch your license. I’ve had great success with a few chiropractors but the ones who think they can cure anything are too frequent unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area