Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 08:02 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,721,258 times

Advertisements

I'll be happy to take any recommendation for back doctors, but what I'm really hoping for is a non-doctor.

Either someone like a physical therapist, or if there is such a thing as a chiropractor that's not a charlatan.

Preferably Scottsdale or east Phoenix.

Anyone?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2022, 10:55 AM

13,848 posts, read 8,059,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
I'll be happy to take any recommendation for back doctors, but what I'm really hoping for is a non-doctor.

Either someone like a physical therapist, or if there is such a thing as a chiropractor that's not a charlatan.

Anyone?

Earlier this year I was moving 20-25 lb. cases of tile and hurt my back. I could barely tie my shoes without pain so I began to very slowly exercise my back.

The pain went away after a few weeks and I bought the below to use the next time I had to lift anything heavy. It seems to work and I've not hurt my back since.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

I also bought this which helped but ultimately I had to exercise (very slowly) my back before it got better.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 06-19-2022, 09:10 PM

132 posts, read 88,951 times
My chiropractor is great. I would never refer someone who thinks they're charlatans. Best of luck.

Old 06-20-2022, 07:40 AM

7,191 posts, read 9,259,953 times
https://www.bobandbrad.com/

Old 06-20-2022, 09:14 AM

416 posts, read 537,800 times
After years of pain I bought a Teeter. Use it first thing every morning. By itself it has worked great with short term relief but it has allowed me to get back to exercising. Doing both has worked.

Old 06-20-2022, 05:04 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,287,432 times
For short term relief, cannabis.

Old 06-20-2022, 05:51 PM

2,154 posts, read 5,183,116 times
If you haven't already found someone. Give Dr. Carmachel a call at Paradise Village Chiropractic. 602-953-1900.

He specializes in Rehabilitation and Acupuncture

His office is at Tatum and Thunderbird. He is excellent.

You won't be sorry.

Quote:

Anyone?

Old 06-20-2022, 06:36 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,435,258 times
I would go the valium or tramadol route..and buy them in Nogales. Get a Mexican doctors prescription or..... Tramadol is OTC in Mexico.

Old 06-28-2022, 05:54 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,721,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamhbonney View Post
My chiropractor is great. I would never refer someone who thinks they're charlatans. Best of luck.
Well, if you are at all aware of public opinion, you know that chiropractors overall have a poor reputation.

And if you were hoping to improve that reputation, I'd think you'd be eager to share the name of someone good.

Old 06-28-2022, 08:24 PM

132 posts, read 88,951 times
Quote:
Well, if you are at all aware of public opinion, you know that chiropractors overall have a poor reputation.

And if you were hoping to improve that reputation, I'd think you'd be eager to share the name of someone good.
I couldn't care less about improving the reputation of a profession to someone who knows nothing about it and boldly states that most are charlatans. You don't even seem to know what's wrong with you or what type of help you need. If you pulled a muscle, for instance, a chiropractor can't do much anything to help you.

Public opinion? Why would I care about that? I care about talking with people who have the same issues as me. They also swear by good chiropractors because we know we'd be on disability without them. My chiropractor doesn't really fix anything on me, he performs maintenance and keeps my body in check. My problems are just not fixable. It's not his fault.

I would hope a chiropractor would sit and talk with you a minute, and after seeing your attitude, just ask you to leave. It's called firing the customer. I sure don't need to hear attitude like that while I'm waiting for my weekly adjustment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area