Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2024, 11:01 AM

8,045 posts, read 12,279,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Dozens of Chandler residents, fearing teen violence spreading into their city, met to urge Chandler to take the lead in a regional effort to address the problem. Residents of QC and Gilbert welcomed the effort as they believe their own cities are not doing enough.

Frankly, this is something that every affluent city in the valley should be doing. This sort of thing can quickly "go viral" through social media. We certainly have enough drug related gang violence in the metro already and do not need affluent teens preying upon each other for thrills.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...e/72161876007/
No, they're not doing enough, and I still relate much of it to the fact that the suspects are underage. Case in point: you mentioned the Lauren Heike murder where a swift arrest was made, and they will consider the death penalty if the suspect is found guilty. He is 22 years old, whereas most of the ones involved in the Gilbert/Queen Creek attacks are under 18.

Law enforcement and the courts are generally more reluctant to take action against juvies. It's been that way for as long as I can remember. A good part of it is the restrictions they face, and all the backlash they receive if they do come down hard on a "poor child who doesn't know any better". Plus, the attitude in general is that teens are expected to get in fights & raise hell ... "kids will be kids" in other words. Unfortunately, things will not change in this regard so long as this permissive attitude prevails. Until then, it is up to the public (especially the victims and/or their families) to take action, even if that means a certain amount of vigilantism to send the message that murder, assault, and other crimes will not be tolerated anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2024, 09:46 PM

1 posts, read 406 times
A quick search of Instagram photos that Renner is tagged in shows a “cousin picture” with one named Brigham…. The police chief is LDS…….do the math.

Old 02-03-2024, 04:11 PM

https://www.azmirror.com/blog/lawmak...20is%20amended.

The assaults in the SE Valley have prompted Legislators to consider banning brass knuckles. Another piece of kneejerk legislation to say the least! While brass knuckles are used for assaults, they also have a self defense purpose for law abiding citizens. It's on the same level as banning or restricting firearms.

Old 02-04-2024, 04:50 AM

9,775 posts, read 11,180,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
https://www.azmirror.com/blog/lawmak...20is%20amended.

The assaults in the SE Valley have prompted Legislators to consider banning brass knuckles. Another piece of kneejerk legislation to say the least! While brass knuckles are used for assaults, they also have a self defense purpose for law abiding citizens. It's on the same level as banning or restricting firearms.
I want a law in place that if you use brass knuckles on someone as a fun sport, they get used on you twice as hard and twice as long. As a bonus, I'll personally volunteer to administer the retribution! And I'll do it for free saving tax payers $$.

Old 02-05-2024, 08:53 AM

1,695 posts, read 1,279,811 times
Take away brass knuckles, then the people who would typically use them will just move on to using a knife.

Old 02-05-2024, 10:31 AM

190 posts, read 137,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Take away brass knuckles, then the people who would typically use them will just move on to using a knife.
In most cases, if one brings a knife to a gunfight, they've already lost.

Old 02-05-2024, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I want a law in place that if you use brass knuckles on someone as a fun sport, they get used on you twice as hard and twice as long. As a bonus, I'll personally volunteer to administer the retribution! And I'll do it for free saving tax payers $$.
Good to know that you support vigilantism. I would gladly volunteer to do the same because the method of punishment should always equal the crime committed, and we all know that never happens with the current system. Good luck getting your law to stick. It would instantly be struck down by the courts.

Old 02-06-2024, 04:56 AM

9,775 posts, read 11,180,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Good to know that you support vigilantism. I would gladly volunteer to do the same because the method of punishment should always equal the crime committed, and we all know that never happens with the current system. Good luck getting your law to stick. It would instantly be struck down by the courts.
I'll go even further. I'd love to legally booby-trap homes, cars, or ___________ to harm someone who tried to steal something. But it is illegal.

Old 02-06-2024, 07:25 PM

15 posts, read 3,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Or a roll of quarters which does the same exact thing...

Old 02-06-2024, 07:55 PM

2,926 posts, read 3,098,060 times
'I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area