Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2023, 11:22 AM

410 posts, read 398,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I want to give the benefit of the doubt to the cops, but this is looking more and more like a coverup than a real investigation. It is good to see the press expose them.
Yeah something is off about the whole thing before. Because they denied the existence of the videos before but Gilbert PD is litterally in one of the videos lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2023, 11:40 AM

2,773 posts, read 5,724,221 times
Quote:
I want to give the benefit of the doubt to the cops, but this is looking more and more like a coverup than a real investigation. It is good to see the press expose them.
Mayor Brigette Peterson on Friday declined to comment and questioned why she was being contacted on her cellphone.

This is the kind of thing we are supposed to see from the press: getting under elected official's skin.

Old 12-16-2023, 11:43 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,213,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinezac View Post
Yeah something is off about the whole thing before. Because they denied the existence of the videos before but Gilbert PD is litterally in one of the videos lol
The kids and their parents have a right to see the perps prosecuted no matter how well connected they are. The cops said no one mentioned the Gilbert Goons but the kids say that is because everyone is afraid to speak out.

Old 12-16-2023, 12:08 PM

Quote:
The kids and their parents have a right to see the perps prosecuted no matter how well connected they are. The cops said no one mentioned the Gilbert Goons but the kids say that is because everyone is afraid to speak out.
There is also a ton of social media posts out here and there have been for months that contradict the cops. Kids have been talking about this for well over a year now. No way the cops don’t know. But given that Gilbert PD doesn’t seem to enforce much of anything anymore, I bet they hope this just goes away. I see people running red lights, speed through school zones, kids on electric bikes riding unsafe in traffic in front of officers and they do nothing.

Old 12-16-2023, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
Mayor Brigette Peterson on Friday declined to comment and questioned why she was being contacted on her cellphone.

This is the kind of thing we are supposed to see from the press: getting under elected official's skin.
She’s terrible. Cant wait for her to go. Doubt she runs for mayor again anyway. After all the stuff she’s stirred up over her term.

Old 12-16-2023, 12:12 PM

985 posts, read 540,943 times
Quote:
Over the past several months Gilbert teenagers have been beaten, even murdered, for no apparent reason. Parents and area teens know what is going on. A gang of affluent teenagers who go by the name Gilbert Goons is behind the violence they say. Police continue to deny any link raising suspicions that the Goons are being protected because of the wealth and influence of their parents. Gilbert is an odd city in that members of a particular religious group hold most of the positions of influence and power. Business, government, police are all related.

This is not Gilbert's first time with violent rich kids terrorizing the citizens, either. Long time residents will recall the Devil Dogs who committed similar acts in the late 90s.

People considering moving the area are well advised to avoid Gilbert unless and until the police there get control of this situation.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...r/71856971007/

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...e/71912305007/
You can just say mormons or LDS. It's no big secret that the LDS church has a lot of influence in Mesa and Gilbert.

Linky no worky without subscription.

Last edited by CCS414; 12-16-2023 at 12:33 PM..

Old 12-16-2023, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS414 View Post
You can just say mormons or LDS. It's no big secret that the LDS church has a lot of influence in Mesa and Gilbert.
Also Mesa, QC, and Gilbert PDs are all heavily Mormon as well. As are mayors and much of the town council. If they want someone protected they will be.

Old 12-16-2023, 01:12 PM

30,350 posts, read 19,143,696 times
Quote:
Also Mesa, QC, and Gilbert PDs are all heavily Mormon as well. As are mayors and much of the town council. If they want someone protected they will be.
I'm not Mormon but I don't think they would "protect someone that was guilty." QC and Mesa are very safe communities and Gilbert is the safest community in the USA over 250K population last time I checked so this whole thread to me is disinformation. I believe the police will arrest the perpetrators when they have their case ready.

Of course when you have over 500K population in Mesa and over 270K in Gilbert, there will be crime and you should take precautions.

Old 12-16-2023, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I'm not Mormon but I don't think they would "protect someone that was guilty." QC and Mesa are very safe communities and Gilbert is the safest community in the USA over 250K population last time I checked so this whole thread to me is disinformation. I believe the police will arrest the perpetrators when they have their case ready.

Of course when you have over 500K population in Mesa and over 270K in Gilbert, there will be crime and you should take precautions.
They absolutely would, I grew up here went to high school here, Mormons kids would get in trouble with cops in high school, they would just be brought to their parents and nothing ever came of it. This is all to common here. If you dont think so you are being naive.

Old 12-16-2023, 01:24 PM

30,350 posts, read 19,143,696 times
Quote:
They absolutely would, I grew up here went to high school here, Mormons kids would get in trouble with cops in high school, they would just be brought to their parents and nothing ever came of it. This is all to common here. If you dont think so you are being naive.
Are you saying Mormon kids would murder other kids and nothing done to them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area