Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2008, 07:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,595 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I know everyone gets on here and asks about Phoenix related jobs, but since the market can shift from time to time, I wanted to get an update on how things are now.

I'm trying to find actual company names that may now, or in the near future be hiring for IT Professionals. I have many years of experience in Windows Server Administration, Certifications and patience. I'm looking for jobs either in and around the Phoenix area, or in Surprise or Goodyear (even though they are further out).

I would specifically like to work at some of the nicer hospitals in the area, or maybe a city related job.

I realize I'm new, and already asking for a handout, but I will play my part and contribute to the forums, so show a little charity please

Last thing...How are the local head hunters when it comes to finding a job? I'm guessing that finding a contract with some companies maybe easier than trying to get directly hired, I would like anyone's opinion. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 07:36 PM

250 posts, read 336,070 times
My cousin moved to Phoenix from Seattle the same week I moved to Seattle from the desert. Neither of us misses where we used to live.

He was in IT until the recession a few years ago, got laid off and has been working survival jobs to get by. I would not recommend Phoenix as an IT destination unless you have a government job offer.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:09 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,700,587 times
people want cisco out here and lots of it. If you look at some of the requirements for jobs that pay well, they want cisco this and cisco that. My dad is having the same problem looking for work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area