Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2008, 09:26 AM

2 posts, read 4,436 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
Just bought a new home in Dr Horton Riata west. Will be moving 7/30. I have a grandaughter going into eight grade. Any information on school she will be attending and when they start? Also checked into auto ins. with current co.Insurance rate will almost triple. Anyone found this to be true? We now live in a smaller town in Ca. Any other info for a new resident would be helpful. Anyone live in DR Horton homes?
Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 04:06 PM

824 posts, read 2,335,853 times
Quote:
"Also checked into auto ins. with current co.Insurance rate will almost triple. Anyone found this to be true? "
Arizona has very high auto insurance rates. This is probably due to a high car theft rate and a high maniac driver to careful driver ratio. Shop around, Geico, Progressive, etc. to ease the burden a little.

If you were coming from Los Angeles, I would suspect that your rates would be similar, maybe a bit lower. But a small town in CA would probably have much lower auto insurance rates than Metro Phoenix.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:24 AM

2 posts, read 4,920 times
I too own a home in Riata West and the school seems very nice its starts next week. The neighborhood is good. I think school starts next week.

Any way Howdy Nieghbor!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:39 PM

164 posts, read 838,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
Arizona has very high auto insurance rates. This is probably due to a high car theft rate and a high maniac driver to careful driver ratio. Shop around, Geico, Progressive, etc. to ease the burden a little.

If you were coming from Los Angeles, I would suspect that your rates would be similar, maybe a bit lower. But a small town in CA would probably have much lower auto insurance rates than Metro Phoenix.
We just moved here from Minneapolis and our total monthly premium for all three vehicles went from $155 to $237...... could have been worse I guess.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area