Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 05:18 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,169,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Tripper View Post
I just moved here from of course, the midwest. And I live in northern scottsdale and was very disappointed also. I watched from my deck due to the large amount of traffic and words of disappointing events. I see every town has there once show, so why wouln't scottsdale, this is the city with the money. I could see 7 shows from my place and I could only here the booms from one. But they were pathetic for a town this size. My hometown as a kid of 5000 population competes with Phoenix fireworks.

Either, all cities should join as one to have a real show.
Or because of the traffic, EVERY city should have their own show, including Scottsdale so we don't flood one highway at the same time.

Phoenix celebrated Mexico's May 5th (Cinco de Mayo) more than American's Independance. It's sad and I miss a real celebration. Hope everyone still has a happy 4th.
I would have to refer you back to silverbear's post. Why does every city need to have one (which by the way, MOST cities do have their own)? There are PLENTY to choose from in every direction. You said, you could see 7 from your house, 7??? That's a LOT! Why couldn't you have gone to one of those? Was it because it was outside of your scottsdale boundary?

Your thought about just having ONE show is utterly ridiculous for 4.5 million people.

We are a Metro area, the cities flow unto one another, we really don't need to be so distinctive with separate cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 09:27 PM

99 posts, read 386,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
I would have to refer you back to silverbear's post. Why does every city need to have one (which by the way, MOST cities do have their own)? There are PLENTY to choose from in every direction. You said, you could see 7 from your house, 7??? That's a LOT! Why couldn't you have gone to one of those? Was it because it was outside of your scottsdale boundary?

Your thought about just having ONE show is utterly ridiculous for 4.5 million people.

We are a Metro area, the cities flow unto one another, we really don't need to be so distinctive with separate cities.
OK the 4th is over
Can't we all just get along

Old 07-05-2008, 09:40 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
Either, all cities should join as one to have a real show. Or because of the traffic, EVERY city should have their own show, including Scottsdale so we don't flood one highway at the same time.

Phoenix celebrated Mexico's May 5th (Cinco de Mayo) more than American's Independance. It's sad and I miss a real celebration. Hope everyone still has a happy 4th.
Clearly - you are / were unfamiliar with the fireworks at Tempe Town Lake - or the show scheduled for the Glendale area (canceled because of adverse weather). And, you are unfamiliar with the shows previously in Scottsdale - including the one that started brush fires - hence why they cancelled future ones - safety being the concern

And, Phoenix did not celebrate Cinco de May more than the 5th - they are two different celebrations -

Old 07-07-2008, 08:28 AM

1,170 posts, read 3,437,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive2Bgeeky View Post
Hi,

It's my first 4th of July here and there seem to be fireworks everywhere but Scottsdale! (At least that's what I read several places, including the Internet)

July 4th in Phoenix - 4th of July Parties in Arizona - Independence Day in Phoenix

What's that about?

Happy 4th all!
prolly too many ol' timers who are in bed by 9pm and would die of heartattack if they were awaken by fireworks...

Old 07-04-2009, 10:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,338 times
why not have them at one of the many parks that run down hayden or the resorts off scottsdale road. the real reason is that it is so darn hot that they would not attract locals because they are all at the beach or mountains for the summer.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:56 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,766,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash gordon View Post
why not have them at one of the many parks that run down hayden or the resorts off scottsdale road. the real reason is that it is so darn hot that they would not attract locals because they are all at the beach or mountains for the summer.
It has nothing to do with the heat. Might have to do with the fact the biggest even is held at Tempe Beach and they don't want to compete with that.

I can remember going to Vista Del Camino Park and watching the fire works at Big Surf as a kid.

Old 07-04-2009, 03:42 PM

88 posts, read 221,627 times
Downtown PHX display is great. (minus the drunken tough-guy idiots)

Old 07-05-2009, 02:19 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,419,889 times
There was fireworks right in the middle of old town Scottsdale at the W hotel tonight at 930pm. Not a bad show, but nothing like the ones at Tempe Town Lake and other areas.

When I was younger, I used to hike up the mountain near my house, and we could see 4-5 different shows, the main one was Rawhide when it was still in Scottsdale, and there was a few in the West Valle we could see.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:32 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,608,054 times
Quote:
I just moved here from of course, the midwest. And I live in northern scottsdale and was very disappointed also. I watched from my deck due to the large amount of traffic and words of disappointing events. I see every town has there once show, so why wouln't scottsdale, this is the city with the money. I could see 7 shows from my place and I could only here the booms from one. But they were pathetic for a town this size. My hometown as a kid of 5000 population competes with Phoenix fireworks.

Either, all cities should join as one to have a real show.
Or because of the traffic, EVERY city should have their own show, including Scottsdale so we don't flood one highway at the same time.

Cinco de Mayo is more of an American Holiday then a Mexican one. And FYI, Cinco de Mayo (May 5th) is not Mexico's independence day.

Oh, and Surprise had a very nice show. A+

Old 07-05-2009, 11:43 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,419,889 times
There was also a fireworks show at West World in Scottsdale. I think you guys must have been looking at the ground last night?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area