Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2010, 12:22 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,468,988 times

Advertisements

The Phoenix city ordinance is in the second post in this thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...-chickens.html

If you are in the Phoenix city limits, I'm not sure why you called the MCSO. Phx Police would be the enforcement agency to start with.

If you want more responses on this issue, you might want to just revive the above thread by posting your question there. This is just a chat room, not really for discussion topics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 10:30 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,647,139 times
You all know what sucks more than your car breaking down and having to walk/bus it? Having no car and being in the rain!!

Old 12-23-2010, 10:06 AM

932 posts, read 1,965,559 times
That sucks!

Old 12-24-2010, 02:20 PM

158 posts, read 517,737 times
I used to complain about my wife and her not wanting to cook, so I took a few pots and pans and a cook book and found I can do wonders if I apply myself. Men are known as some of the best cooks in the world. Try it, you'll like it.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:10 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,647,139 times
Default Goals for 2011

I have had a lot of time to contemplate how I envision the year coming up to be. As some of you know I have had a rough time the past couple months. First I was unfairly fired, then me and my family had a falling out and I moved out, and then to top it all off my car broke down and now I am car-less .
I'm trying to be positive though...although it sucks not having a car, I have been walking a lot and it's helping me build muscle and keep my weight down. It took some getting used to though.
And I am thankful to be getting unemployment, although its not much, its better than nothing. And looking for a job this time of year is awful..people do not leave jobs right before Christmas, if fact they are picking up all the OT they can get.
So some of my goals are to start looking seriously for a job now that the holiday season is over, even if I have to start at the bottom. I plan to get a car when I get my tax return, and I will move asap-to a bigger place!
I wouldn't exactly call these New Years resolutions, since these are realistic long term plans. I had actually thought about leaving PHX but its too much of an undertaking and I don't want to be apart from my kids especially my grandson who is getting so big . I'm gonna tough it out another year and see what happens.
One good thing that did happen is shortly after losing my job I met my current boyfriend, and he is awesome and he really gets me though my bad days.
Well, that's my story. Anyone else have big plans/goals they want to accomplish this coming year 2011?

Old 01-01-2011, 12:17 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,524,650 times
These might help:

Jobs in Phoenix, AZ | Jobs.com (http://jobs.com/phoenix_az_us_jobs_161706 - broken link)

Jobs in Phoenix | Jobing.com

Jobs, Employment in Phoenix, AZ | Indeed.com

Phoenix, AZ Jobs on CareerBuilder.com

Find Jobs: Search millions of jobs now | Monster.com

Phoenix, AZ Jobs | Simply Hired

Jobs in Phoenix, AZ - Monster+HotJobs (http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/job-search?jobtype=PERM&jobtype=CONT&commitment=FT&com mitment=PT&locations=Phoenix%2C+AZ&country=USA&ind ustry=&kw - broken link)=

USAJOBS - Search Jobs

Hope your 2011 is better....

Old 01-02-2011, 04:54 PM

14 posts, read 88,689 times
Default Saw some interesting people today.....

I was eating at a place in Scottsdale today and noticed some interesting people. The women were dressed very flashy, kinda over-the-top as well. Big hair, lots of makeup, expensive looking clothes. The thing that got me, was that their kids were dressed the same way. It reminded me of something I saw on "Dateline" several years ago. It was a story about the group of people called the "Irish Travelers". I told my husband I was almost sure these people were a part of this group. There were about two dozen of them, all came in to eat in this somewhat small resturaunt, but WAY over dressed. The young girls had extentions in their hair, big earrings, and fancy clothes (we're talking like 7 and 8 yr old girls). The men were dressed nice too, fashionable, but definately on the more expensive side. I could have sworn I heard them speaking english, but then also some other language. I don't know why I am sharing this, other than it was interesting, and I really was trying to figure them out. Anyone know any more about these people and who they are????

Old 01-02-2011, 05:15 PM

860 posts, read 2,718,951 times
Well it IS Sunday, they could be dressed from church.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:31 PM

14 posts, read 88,689 times
No, no, no, you don't get the whole picture. This was NOT a group from church. Some of the women reminded me of "snooky/Paris Hilton" if you know who that is. They stood out, and other people were even curious as I heard other comments from other patrons in the diner. I have been researching more since I posted this afternoon. I am almost sure these people were the gypsie people that I have heard about. From the way they looked, to the way they talked. Yeah, I get it's Sunday and I was in Scottsdale, but it was almost erie, especially the way the little children were dressed. There have been other threads about these people, so I have been reading. My guess is, maybe they have come for the repairs from the big hail storm we had. I am totally speculating, but it seems they do alot of repair work.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:37 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,077,889 times
yeah, I remember that segment a few years ago on TV.....very strange....

do you mind me asking what place in Scotts. it was?....as long as you know how some Scotts. types dress (trophy wives, 30K millionaires, wannabes) and are sure they weren't one of those, I'd also be curious to hear what their real deal was/is.....could they have been tourists who thought they were supposed to dress that way in Scotts.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area