Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 01:43 PM

8,324 posts, read 13,453,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Well, therein lies the issue.... you live in PHX and state that its "much better here----------for me", right? Well, the people that live in PHX that state how much better it was back East are simply doing the same thing you are... sharing their opinion and personal observations. Many are stuck in PHX and are very displeased with it, and its their personal right to state how much they dislike it. Im sure those people, if given the option to leave ASAP, would pack their bags with no questions asked.... same as you did when you left DC.
I am sorry but I don't buy this 'stuck' excuse. Seriously, if they really disliked living somewhere then they would have left.
What are they waiting for, their next life to leave? I can understand waiting for a contract or lease of some kind to end but only for a short period, like a year or so.
If you think you are stuck somewhere and can't leave then you are living someone else's life, not your own or you are making yourself seem like you hate the area you live in because that is your way of convincing yourself that whatever the real reason of your unhapiness isn't that real reason.

I am going to count backwards from 10 and you will wake and not remembering a thing...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 03:12 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
I am sorry but I don't buy this 'stuck' excuse. Seriously, if they really disliked living somewhere then they would have left.
What are they waiting for, their next life to leave? I can understand waiting for a contract or lease of some kind to end but only for a short period, like a year or so.
If you think you are stuck somewhere and can't leave then you are living someone else's life, not your own or you are making yourself seem like you hate the area you live in because that is your way of convincing yourself that whatever the real reason of your unhapiness isn't that real reason.

I am going to count backwards from 10 and you will wake and not remembering a thing...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...
Thank you.

I despised the Wash DC area (once I really found out about California @ about age 18 [1976]) and was gone before my 21st birthday (30 years ago this month)

Old 08-24-2008, 10:40 AM

2 posts, read 2,566 times
East/ cramped West/open East/overpriced West/more over priced, but still less. East/get paid West/underpaid. East/pizza West/no so good. East/ snow-heating bills-rust. West/not here. East/gun crime West/self defense. East/liberal West/conservative, but shifting.
I have lived in, and liked both, as I disliked. It shouldn't be a competition, just what makes you happy. For food, culture, architecture, and earnings I like the East Coast. For political climate, climate, recreation, people and cost of living, I like the West
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area