Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 05:18 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Word of mouth works for me....I'll take the roasted artichokes and fennel; hold the feces. LOL

Vito's it is....Friday night.
Tell us what you think after you try it...good or bad. You can rip into me if it is terrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 07:39 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,937,252 times
Im curious to try this Vito's place but I doubt they will beat Cibo. I love that place, could probably eat there every night for a month and still love it.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
Any good pizza places near downtown? Besides pizza heaven, NYPD, and oreganos.
Cibo at 5th Ave and Fillmore.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:55 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,014,196 times
Yes I LOVE Cibo (pronounced Cheebo, LOL)! I also love the pizza from Bianco's even thought the line is always a pain. If you want a great, cheap slice or whole pie I would recommend Z Pizza on 1st St near the Orpheum Lofts downtown; just south of Van Buren.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:28 AM

271 posts, read 838,937 times
I'm a fan of Cibo too. Love that place! In fact, that's our backup for out-of-town guests when Pizzeria Bianco's wait is too long. I enjoy grabbing a seat, ordering some foccacia and apps, and relaxing with a bottle of wine at the cozy Bar Bianco next door if the wait at PB is 2-3 hours - always have a great time chatting with others since it's always a friendly crowd. However, if the wait is longer, we go to Cibo, but I do admire that chef/owner Chris Bianco is so passionate and is there making pizzas every night (except for three weeks in the summer when they close) - one of the reasons Pizzeria Bianco stands out.

Our last visit to Cibo was a couple of months ago, we brought guests from Austin. They loved it as much as we do. We always start with the Antipasto Speciale to share, and I usually order the prosciutto crudo pizza, and finish with the nutella crepes.

cibo phoenix ::: urban pizzeria (http://www.cibophoenix.com/cibo.html - broken link)

Closer to home, our favorite for pizza is Tutti Santi in North Glendale. There's three other family-owned locations, but this is the only one with a pizza oven and a pizzaiolo - Franco, a great guy from Napoli who makes excellent pizzas.

http://www.tuttisantiristorante.com/Tutti_Santi_by_Nina/*La_Pizza.html (broken link)

Other places I have yet to try and recommended by friends for pizza are Humble Pie, La Piazza al Forno, and Grazie.

Last edited by Rubee; 06-30-2009 at 02:57 AM..

Old 06-30-2009, 09:19 AM

Personally I like Cibo better then Bianco. I think it's the cheese...at Cibo, it tastes like fresh mozzarella while at Bianco it tastes a little more aged (do they combine it with something else at Bianco, not just pure mozzarella?). The sauce at Cibo is just slightly more tangy as well which I like. The whole pizza just has a fresher taste.

I do love that prosciutto wrapped mozzarella appetizer they have at Bianco though.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:29 AM

338 posts, read 1,624,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
There is, what, 400' difference between Chicago and PHX? Not only is that strange to compare, but not even a big enough gap to make a remote difference. And our ovens here (you know, where pizzas are cooked) are just as dry here as they are in PHX.

Anyways, I was trying to be funny, lighten up, Francis.
I thought you were funny too! Chicago is the best pizza. It really is pointless trying to find great pizza in Phoenix because there is none.

For pizza here in the valley, I like Rosatis (they are originally from Chicago- so they make those yummy thin square pizzas).

Old 06-30-2009, 11:14 AM

271 posts, read 838,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Personally I like Cibo better then Bianco. I think it's the cheese...at Cibo, it tastes like fresh mozzarella while at Bianco it tastes a little more aged (do they combine it with something else at Bianco, not just pure mozzarella?). The sauce at Cibo is just slightly more tangy as well which I like. The whole pizza just has a fresher taste.

I do love that prosciutto wrapped mozzarella appetizer they have at Bianco though.
My husband agrees with you - he also likes Cibo better than Bianco. I'm not sure what PB does with the mozzarella. I know that Chris Bianco makes the fresh mozzarella every morning. One of my favorite pizzas - the Wiseguy - actually uses house-smoked mozzarella (along with fennel sausage specially made for Bianco by Schreiner's).

Though..hmmm..now you have me craving Cibo. I also love the great atmosphere with Cibo tucked away in a restored 1913 house, the friendly bartenders, and pretty patio. And how many pizza places have six types of crepes for dessert!

Old 03-11-2010, 12:11 PM

23 posts, read 48,418 times
queens cop, lived in phx for 8 years, vaca there alot. gotta say unimpressed with biancos, its like if the soup nazi opened a pizza joint. i love Grazie's in old town scottsdale, the four cheese is amazing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area