Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 11:12 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,957,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I'm republican and im not voting for the zombie choice of Mccain. I don't understand why people vote for the people on television? "oh he is rich, lets vote for him" more

As a fellow Republican what other choice do you have? I do find it interesting when someone states they are a member of one political party and vote for the opposition. Maybe McCain isn't the best guy for the job, but the alternative is even less conservative.

As far as the diversity of the area, I find it very diverse. On Tuesday I was at Sky Harbor and most of the people working at the airport that I saw were of differing nationalities. People in many communities that I have visited are of a similar bent. Even in the South side of Scottsdale you will find people that are not white.

I never liked McCain but this is the first time I will cast a vote for him. Not voting for him is a vote for Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 11:49 PM

6,706 posts, read 5,935,215 times
the op is a troll.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:25 AM

8,042 posts, read 12,265,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
More dam* liberals with their heads up their arses. Folks, Phoenix has a lot of diversity and it's not boring. Well, maybe boring if you live in Gilbert, but there are plenty of fun and young and diverse places to live too. After reading so many threads here, lurking and posting on and off, I'm really starting agree with the old timers on this thread-- these whining complaining SOBs need to get the he** out. Another observation I have is the complainers seem to all be flaming liberals. Not that PHX is even conservative; it's pretty middle of the road politically, actually. Don't let the door hit you in the you know what, dudes!
Well said! If you want more evidence of how truthful these statements are, read through some of the other threads that are basically rants, gripes, and bellyaches about things like how bad the drivers are, etc. The original posters of those types of complaints are often the transplants. Many of them have this notion that Phoenix is some kind of utopia, and that the sunny climate will solve all their problems. Then they move here & whine about the traffic, the fast drivers, the rude people, and eventually about the weather too.

I agree with you that Phoenix isn't staunchly conservative. Phoenix has a Democrat mayor ... and Arizona has both a Democrat Governor & a Democrat Attorney General. All of them seem to be quite popular. As far as diversity, there are areas that have a high ethnic mix, and some areas that are mostly white. Isn't that the case with a lot of major cities???

Old 09-07-2008, 12:44 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times
Thanks Sheena and Valley Native-- you two both know what you're talking about. And fcorrales, even though I think we're on the different side of the political spectrum (tell me if I'm off), I highly agree with what you have to say too. In fact one of the best things I like about Arizona is the political climate-- as weird as that sounds. I think it's fairly balanced left to right. I just hope the transplants (and I'm one too, a pretty recent one actually) don't try to change that! Sometimes I wonder which Phoenix the trolls on this forum are talking about, because it sure doesn't resemble the Phoenix I live in!

Old 09-07-2008, 12:55 AM

44,630 posts, read 61,620,191 times
Facts about the language(s) of the USA: Languages of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FYI: Bill Clinton, Democrat, carried AZ in 1992 elections over Republican opponet.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:59 AM

1,112 posts, read 3,999,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oak999 View Post
The founders of this country where British. In order to come in legally and gain citizenship you HAVE to learn basic English! This country does have one common language--English. I am in my country my family and myself have served for it. If you do not like I suggest you leave!

Could you imagine if everyone kept their language. NO ONE WOULD UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER!! Please grow up. This is the USA our flag is the red white and blue our language is English. Deal with it or get out.
Ohhh boy.
This thread will be closed soon.

English is the de facto language; It's the language of global politics (Which will be changing soon. Thank you, China!)
It's only natural that we use it.

That said.
It is NOT the OFFICIAL language of the U.S.
We don't have one.
If English did NOT play a part in world politics, I doubt there would even be much of a need to learn it.

Blehh. I don't even know where I'm going with this.

Point.
United States = Global Power.
English = Languages of Politics.

If it were another language; I'm sure we'd all know it and use it frequently.

[/Rambling]

Old 09-07-2008, 10:11 AM

3,995 posts, read 10,018,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
Thanks Sheena and Valley Native-- you two both know what you're talking about. And fcorrales, even though I think we're on the different side of the political spectrum (tell me if I'm off), I highly agree with what you have to say too. In fact one of the best things I like about Arizona is the political climate-- as weird as that sounds. I think it's fairly balanced left to right. I just hope the transplants (and I'm one too, a pretty recent one actually) don't try to change that! Sometimes I wonder which Phoenix the trolls on this forum are talking about, because it sure doesn't resemble the Phoenix I live in!
I'm not sure if we are on different sides of the political spectrum, probably. My family is native to Arizona, I am not being an Army brat I have lived everywhere but have been "stationed" most of my life in Washington state in the Seattle-Tacoma area. I am "fiscally conservative" and socially liberal but not militant like some can be. I think I fit in very well in Arizona as most people do not care about someones personal life, sexuality, religion, race, etc. In Arizona, as long as no one is causing harm to someone else by breaking a "major" law, i.e. killing, drug dealing, theft, abuse (child/spouse), illegal immigration, etc. people are very open to diversity. I've felt just as welcomed here as I did in Seattle even from those good ole Arizona repubs.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:15 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Why don't you guys move this to the political forum. Fair warning, wear a flame retardant suit of some kind.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:31 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,350,507 times
Okay... I'll wade in here...

Always stayed on the conservative side of politics, because, in my humble opinion, its what keeps America what it is. While I understand some liberal views, and may even vote that way occasionally, they're not what motivate me.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:12 AM

6 posts, read 8,323 times
I've lived in republican Cities, they ARE BORING....and its the "keep up with the Jones's" Mentality. Lets face it, republicans are boring, shallow and narrow minded Morons
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area