Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 10:17 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,298,741 times

Advertisements

Sassie~ The name of the book is “Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama.” So I am assuming it is a PRO Obama book and she did not disclose this when she was selected to Moderate this debate.

You can be sure if Bush "cheated" as you are saying, the dems would have never shut their mouths. They would still be suing. Dems are not known for keeping quiet. So that argument doesn't really cut it anymore.

Obama already has his team of 3,790+ lawyers all ready for any law suits he needs to file. I don't think you have to worry, your man will be getting in for sure. Every celeb, media source, etc are all in the tank with him and they have ACORN doing their ground work and the busses are recruiting the homeless and illegals as we speak. So I think you will be happy in November. I really don't feel like arguing about Obama and his tactics. To me he is not the messiah and I have not followed the media's nonsense. I look for facts myself.

Go look up ACORN on youtube and see what they are all about and know that Obama trained that group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 10:23 AM

1,775 posts, read 6,357,117 times
Sassie, how did Bush cheat? In every single recount AFTER the SCOTUS decision, he still won FL by 537 votes and that's way, way too small a margin for anyone to have fudged with any confidence of it swinging the election. Remember, Ralph Nader got over 20k votes in FL. Was that Bush's fault? Gore lost his home state of TN and the reliably Dem. WV. Was that Bush's fault? Had Gore won those states, FL would not have mattered. And NM went by an even smaller margin than that by which Bush won FL. I'd say such small vote margins, while certainly frustrating for the loser, make it impossible to rig an election, since the riggers would never know how many votes are needed and in which states.

BTW, Sassie, do you know what the SCOTUS decision was all about? Do you remember Gore wanting recounts only in the counties where he lost, so as not to jeaopardize the ones he'd aready won? You have no idea what you're talking about. How old were you in 2000? My guess is you were in junior high.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:33 AM

1,046 posts, read 3,484,880 times
Its about black politicians. The Chapter on Obama has not even been written yet. If I was writing a book on black politicians I would put his name ,and picture, on the cover for better sales. I can understand all the problems with this. If I waa a crazy Rep. I would be pissed.

Bush did steal the election. The same way McSame is trying to do. Voter Purges | Brennan Center for Justice Not to mention the whole thing about McSame sending fraudulent ballots to registered Dems in Battle ground states McCain's Absentee Ballot Mailer Fiasco Spreads - Could Disqualify Some Voters - Black Box Voting

I will be happy in Nov. I'll be happy that I won't be screwing the next few generations the way that Bush has screwed this and many generations to come.

p.s. Obama isn't comming here.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
Its about black politicians. The Chapter on Obama has not even been written yet. If I was writing a book on black politicians I would put his name ,and picture, on the cover for better sales. I can understand all the problems with this. If I waa a crazy Rep. I would be pissed.

Bush did steal the election. The same way McSame is trying to do. Voter Purges | Brennan Center for Justice Not to mention the whole thing about McSame sending fraudulent ballots to registered Dems in Battle ground states McCain's Absentee Ballot Mailer Fiasco Spreads - Could Disqualify Some Voters - Black Box Voting

I will be happy in Nov. I'll be happy that I won't be screwing the next few generations the way that Bush has screwed this and many generations to come.
Another non-thinker who argues with links and not his own thoughts.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:37 AM

Roundball, do you have any clue how we got into this 700 billion $$$ mess? I am just curious to see what people like you who are in the tank actually think the cause is????

Old 10-02-2008, 10:40 AM

He is called Reagan. His buddies are called McCain and Gramm. It's called deregulation.

And the whole thing about the corrupt fed and no gold standard. That problem is far older than those three. Don't send a fox to run the chicken coop.

Last edited by roundball; 10-02-2008 at 10:55 AM..

Old 10-02-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
He is called Reagan. His buddies are called McCain and Gramm. It's called deregulation.
Ha ha! That's funny. Why no mention of Carter, CRA, Dodd and Frank? Lemme guess - only Republicans ever make mistakes, while Dems are the real responsible stewards of every good economy.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
Ha ha! That's funny. Why no mention of Carter, CRA, Dodd and Frank? Lemme guess - only Republicans ever make mistakes, while Dems are the real responsible stewards of every good economy.
I wouldn't go that far. I would go this far. Bush's numbers are a bit outdated now....you get my drift.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:52 AM

477 posts, read 1,583,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Roundball, do you have any clue how we got into this 700 billion $$$ mess? I am just curious to see what people like you who are in the tank actually think the cause is????
Why don't you give us your take on that one Jenny??? From what I have been reading, there was a large surplus when Clinton was in office....Im not here to argue. Im not an avid political follower. However, to Rick Lee...not I was NOT in junior high in 2000. I was a busy young mother with toddlers running around. But, just because I didn't follow politics back then doesn't mean I can't now. Im allowed to have my own opinions. I sure as heck don't set out to make people wrong or stupid based on theirs though. The truth is, each one of us is going to feel more drawn to one side as opposed to the other. I agree with alot of what democrats have to say...not everything. Im somehwhat conservative though. I am not totally informed about eveything in politics, but alot of americans voting aren't either. It's clear some people vote based on the sex or race of the person running. Im basing it on what I have heard and what I feel is right. I have taken real issue with Palin. I think she is probably a good Governor but I don't want her running our country(if that were to ever happen). I am almost embarassed for her when I see her on these interviews...again...my opinion! JOhn MCcain could have picked a better running mate! Really, what ever your responses are, it's not going to change my view. It is what it is....

Rick Lee....it's clear that if someone doesn't agree with your opinions...they are just a bunch of idiots. Im no longer gonna respond to your posts...so just don't respond to MINE

Old 10-02-2008, 10:53 AM

Roundball, you really, really need to turn off MSNBC and CNN and do some reseach on your own. It's called " the Community Reinvestment Act" and it, as Rick says goes back to Carter days. But in in 1999 Clinton signed the bill. Greenspan lowered the interest rates and ACORN started to bully the lenders to give them sub prime loans since they now had the law on their side. In 2001, Bush tried to warn them that they needed to deal with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, then again in 2003, by 2004 the Repubs were begging the Dems to help them get this under control and the Dems refused to. They claimed everything was fine. In 2005 & 2006 McCain was asking for help and trying to get a bill passed to control this lendin issue and the Dems voted 100% against it.

Now since you enjoy links, here is a little link for you to take a look at

YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our ...

Here's another one for you! Enjoy

YouTube - Explosive Video, Fannie Mae CEO calling Obama and the Dems the "Family" and "Conscience" of Fannie Mae
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area