Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 08:18 AM

39,109 posts, read 51,351,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Dach View Post
Not to worry , the US debt will be hyper-inflated soon, maybe houses at 3-4 hundred
million will sell better-if not i'm sure Pres. Palin will lead us out somehow.Keep the Faith.
The government made 15 billion dollars yesterday off their shares of AIG. It is quite possible that they will make billions and billions more off of the mortgage backed securities if things turn around. Think we'll see a tax cut?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 08:43 AM

862 posts, read 1,054,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The government made 15 billion dollars yesterday off their shares of AIG. It is quite possible that they will make billions and billions more off of the mortgage backed securities if things turn around. Think we'll see a tax cut?

I don't worry about such things, just have faith in our great land and
leaders and all will be OK !

Old 09-20-2008, 08:47 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,093,578 times
Quote:
I don't worry about such things, just have faith in our great land and
leaders and all will be OK !
Which leaders are you talking about, not the ones who let this happen in the first place I hope.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:55 AM

Look -John will fix it all and there will be a Palin in the white house ,Sarah or Todd,
at least till 2033. And as the Bushs have proved that as it should be a family business,
probaly the children after that!

Old 09-20-2008, 11:51 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,183,508 times
Quote:
Look -John will fix it all and there will be a Palin in the white house ,Sarah or Todd,
at least till 2033. And as the Bushs have proved that as it should be a family business,
Todd I doubt very strongly..............

As for the rest: the next 6 weeks will tell the tale..............personally, I cannot call it either way------------too close.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:43 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,970,304 times
Quote:
Not to worry , the US debt will be hyper-inflated soon, maybe houses at 3-4 hundred
million will sell better-if not i'm sure Pres. Palin will lead us out somehow.Keep the Faith.
Or Pres Obama with his financial friends can't go wrong with his financial mentors.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:55 PM

39,109 posts, read 51,351,497 times
Quote:
You're going to give me nightmares. Do you realize that, actuarially, McCain, has a 1 in 6 chance of dying in office not factoring in his bouts with cancer? Then you have to consider the possibility that he goes totally senile (he appears well along the path already) while in office and the Palins take over. OMG!

Old 09-20-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You're going to give me nightmares. Do you realize that, actuarially, McCain, has a 1 in 6 chance of dying in office not factoring in his bouts with cancer? Then you have to consider the possibility that he goes totally senile (he appears well along the path already) while in office and the Palins take over. OMG!
Given the type of Cancers he's had,more like 50/50 IMHO.
But not to worry, Sarah knows anout Russia too.
Hey that would make a good song (to the nearer my God to thee melody?), in any event don't worry -be happy !!!!

Old 09-20-2008, 02:06 PM

1,108 posts, read 3,325,238 times
I would like to see a change of direction in the Valley's economy. The historic dependance on endless home construction and the attendant runaway urban sprawl is no good for a multitude of reasons. One would hope this last real estate bubble was a wake up call - but somehow I doubt it.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:18 PM

1,170 posts, read 3,440,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Well, better to eat in the desert then to starve in on the beach. Glad things are looking up for you here, maybe you'll have your beach in a few years.

Still trying to figure out why people think families bought houses they new they couldn't afford, why husbands and wifes had jobs they didn't know wouldn't exist in a few years and payed five years into a house they new would soon be selling for under what they paid for. I don't understand how people could really comfort themselves out of having pity for these people like that. But, I guess we do what we do to justify who we are. In the end, after this fall out there will be a different America. A new pessimistic view of the future and the people who sit and judge American families will have there "I told you so's" at the expense of hungry children, grieving moms, and under insured fathers with untreated health problems. It definitely won't be that of the baby boomers glutteny, lets hope this hard lesson has a happy ending. Those who house bought up houses and really did know they couldn't afford them will turn them into rentals and make their money anyway, they will be the new winners and those who rent will be the new American Family. In 10 years we will all be the wiser.
I'll tell you why....its simple because they were allowed to. People will do anything if they are allowed. Also, we live in democracy, we are not communists therefore, we should be allowed. But if people are allowed to make bad judgments, 9 time out of 10, they will make that bad judgment. Also, who knew that jobs were going to dry up? I have a job now but do I think that this job won't exist 3 years from now? no I don't think that and think that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area