Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 02:19 PM

1,170 posts, read 3,439,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The government made 15 billion dollars yesterday off their shares of AIG. It is quite possible that they will make billions and billions more off of the mortgage backed securities if things turn around. Think we'll see a tax cut?
No, they are too busy giving it back to those same people who gave it to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 02:20 PM

1,170 posts, read 3,439,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Dach View Post
Look -John will fix it all and there will be a Palin in the white house ,Sarah or Todd,
at least till 2033. And as the Bushs have proved that as it should be a family business,
probaly the children after that!
lemme remind you that the same bush is giving 700 billions back to companies not to people. I say let the businesses fall and take its natural course. Where is the responsibility? where is the ownership?

Old 09-20-2008, 02:31 PM

572 posts, read 2,488,752 times
Lake Havasu is hurting also prices have dropped and no end in sight.
My Home (http://www.newtohavasu.net/ - broken link)

Old 09-20-2008, 02:46 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,173,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havasu View Post
Lake Havasu is hurting also prices have dropped and no end in sight.
My Home (http://www.newtohavasu.net/ - broken link)
Remember that LHC prices flat exploded starting 2001 and forced many potential local buyers out of the market.

I remember a brand new 2 bedroom/2 bath single family home on McCulloch Blvd going for $69K in 2000. Little place but definitely worth the money.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:57 PM

862 posts, read 1,053,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1225 View Post
lemme remind you that the same bush is giving 700 billions back to companies not to people. I say let the businesses fall and take its natural course. Where is the responsibility? where is the ownership?
Who cares? The rich are rich because they love our wonderful country
and nothing or nowhere else counts anyway.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:04 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,967,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Dach View Post
Who cares? The rich are rich because they love our wonderful country
and nothing or nowhere else counts anyway.
I sure hope my filthy rich boss stays rich or I'm up the creek.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:10 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,523,735 times
Default Yikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You're going to give me nightmares. Do you realize that, actuarially, McCain, has a 1 in 6 chance of dying in office not factoring in his bouts with cancer? Then you have to consider the possibility that he goes totally senile (he appears well along the path already) while in office and the Palins take over. OMG!

Why are people so enraptured with this woman? Listen to her speeches now, without the teleprompter, you cannot understand her.

And why is it the "Palins"? No one wanted Hillary when Bill was in, so why do we get this Todd guy, who is nothing more than a "Professional snowmobile racer"? Sounds like AK's equivalent of a surfer dude.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:14 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,967,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Why are people so enraptured with this woman? Listen to her speeches now, without the teleprompter, you cannot understand her.

And why is it the "Palins"? No one wanted Hillary when Bill was in, so why do we get this Todd guy, who is nothing more than a "Professional snowmobile racer"? Sounds like AK's equivalent of a surfer dude.
It's all based on fear of the Republican ticket winning with her. If they weren't worried about her the chatter would still be Obama and McCain not Obama and Palin. Why doesn't anyone talk about Biden?

Old 09-20-2008, 04:37 PM

862 posts, read 1,053,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
It's all based on fear of the Republican ticket winning with her. If they weren't worried about her the chatter would still be Obama and McCain not Obama and Palin. Why doesn't anyone talk about Biden?

Why you ask ?
The american people repond to mediocracy like a struck tuning fork.
cf. St Ronny vs Devil Jimmy
Its who they are,always have been and always will be.
End of story.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:47 PM

572 posts, read 2,488,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Remember that LHC prices flat exploded starting 2001 and forced many potential local buyers out of the market.

I remember a brand new 2 bedroom/2 bath single family home on McCulloch Blvd going for $69K in 2000. Little place but definitely worth the money.
I agree 100%. there were alot of people from SoCal coming here and buying up houses and quite a few with zero down or very little, and now they are letting them go back to the banks. The houses now that are moving are the ones priced below $150,000. There was a day when it was hard to find a house below $300,000 I like it here but a basic house just isnt worth $300,000. A side note we see alot less Hummers driving around, and alot less big boats on the Lake. I wonder what the snowbird season will bring?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area