Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 04:25 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,711,484 times

Advertisements

Then the truth comes out.

Circuit City files for bankruptcy - Nov. 10, 2008
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 04:27 PM

48 posts, read 123,129 times
anyone pick up a great deal at CC and what are they discounting stuff at now?

Old 11-16-2008, 05:44 PM

559 posts, read 1,465,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchardcounty View Post
anyone pick up a great deal at CC and what are they discounting stuff at now?
Went in yesterday, and even with discounts their stuff was still overpriced, it says up to 30 percent off but i never saw anything over 10 percent off. I still didn't buy there you can find much better deals elsewhere, such as Fry's electronics. I don't care for Circuit City, i have never had a pleasant experience with them. For example one time my laptop broke so i took it in because it was under warranty and they said they were gonna have to send it in. I was pretty mad cuz that was the thing i used for school so it had all my papers and things on it. So i gave it to them and they said they would send it in the next day. Three weeks later i called to see if they have gotten it back and they still hadn't even sent it in yet. I was pissed....Their customer service sucks. Just this past month my ipod broke i sent it in got a refurbished one that came broke. I took it into the store they can't do anything, i email them they give me a phone number to call. I call the phone number and i get some guy with an attitude. I will never shop there again...looks like i won't have too.

Oh yea, they still haven't done anything about my ipod and its been three weeks.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:16 PM

2,791 posts, read 7,469,532 times
No good deals yet -- just like at Linens N Things.
Usually, liquidation sales start with a markup of everything to list price, even though it might have been offered below list before the liquidation was announced. Then, prices are cut 10 or 20% at a time. My feeling is that liquidation sales aren't worth visiting until prices are at least 50% below list. I suspect that with CC and other stores, we won't see that until after Christmas. Until then, shoppping around online will probably be a better deal.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:32 PM

48 posts, read 123,129 times
Yeah I heard they were only offering about 10% of most stock and you can get better deals at best buy etc. Yup with bad customer service and higher prices in comparison to your rivals it is no surprise that they are in the weeds

Old 11-17-2008, 02:34 PM

103 posts, read 229,622 times
What a joke 10 percent off. I think companies often scam the public with their going out of business b.s.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:15 PM

419 posts, read 1,526,671 times
I read somewhere that the best and newest electronics, which are commodities, are being rounded up by distributors, leaving only the outdated/low sellers available at discount. Anyone know if this is true?

Old 11-17-2008, 05:23 PM

44,661 posts, read 61,743,803 times
Went to CC today and agree, it's a joke. I found better buys at Best Buy. The prices at CC were inflated then a small discount offered. No service at all. Lot's of open boxed junk for sale. This was at the Arrowhead store on W Bell Rd.
Remember what you buy is not guaranteed by the store, especially after they close and if you have a problem then what. Mfg warranties you'll spend money to send the item to the mfg and maybe other costs involved.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:14 PM

69 posts, read 221,474 times
Default Sayonara Circuit City

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnari View Post
What a joke 10 percent off. I think companies often scam the public with their going out of business b.s.
Except the Oriental Rug stores. Those guys are totally honest with their "we lost our lease!" sales every 6 months.

I'm glad to see Circuit City go. In my experience, they have all the poor customer service of Best Buy, but with less merchandise to choose from and equivalent prices.

As others said, shopping online (especially at newegg!) is the way to go for electronics. If I think I want a particular digital camera or whatever, I go to a store like Target or WalMart, check it out, and then order online from Amazon or whomever for 10-20% less, with no sales tax and no shipping.

Too bad for the people who work there, but if the company stinks at what it does it's gonna fail.

Old 11-18-2008, 05:49 PM

50 posts, read 291,400 times
My guess is that, for most employees, losing their job at CC is about like losing a job at McDonalds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area