Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 08:59 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,574,416 times

Advertisements

But wow, I really miss Phoenix... Arizona in general.

When I visited in October, it was some of the happiest I have been in a long time, it's such a great place.

Everytime I see a picture from there, I tend to long being there even more. I even saw the movie Twilight last night with the gf, and some of it was set in Phoenix, and I just kept thinking "PHOENIX PHOENIX PHOENIX!!!"

Just thought I'd share that. How I can't wait for 2 1/2 years to pass by so I can be there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 04:15 AM

36 posts, read 81,873 times
Default weird...

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic View Post

When I visited in October, it was some of the happiest I have been in a long time, it's such a great place.

Everytime I see a picture from there, I tend to long being there even more. I even saw the movie Twilight last night with the gf, and some of it was set in Phoenix, and I just kept thinking "PHOENIX PHOENIX PHOENIX!!!"

Just thought I'd share that. How I can't wait for 2 1/2 years to pass by so I can be there...
Same way I feel. I miss is...it has been almost 3 years since my wife and I moved out of Phoenix and have not been back to visit. We plan on moving back in 2011.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlade View Post
Same way I feel. I miss is...it has been almost 3 years since my wife and I moved out of Phoenix and have not been back to visit. We plan on moving back in 2011.
That's about the same time I'd plan on moving there. Until then I'll have to take trips there at least once or twice a year!

Old 11-23-2008, 09:33 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,205,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic View Post

There's probably people here wishing they were back in Duluth right now. It's too bad we can't know the outcome of our moves before we make them.

Old 11-23-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
There's probably people here wishing they were back in Duluth right now. It's too bad we can't know the outcome of our moves before we make them.
True, I would believe that because Duluth is a nice city. Taken from the Wikipedia page, from the 2000 census:

Population (2000) - City86,918 - Density1,278.1/sq mi (493.3/km²) - Metro275,488

So it's a small city, but not too small. It's very scenic, very historic, but it's just too cold. This summer was one of the worst summers, if not THE worst, we've had. (And that's in my opinion). Winter is nearing on us as well, and it's a "freeze your face off" type of cold. If people can handle that their whole life, well kudos to them.

Will I miss Duluth once I leave it? Absolutely.

Will I miss it that bad that I'd go through the awful winters and crappy weather besides summer? No way.

Old 11-23-2008, 10:48 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,690,238 times
I'd feel bad too if I had to see Twilight.

try the veal, but seriously folks...

Why do you have to wait 2 1/2 years before going to Phoenix? School?

The wife and I were seriously debating leaving Jersey permanently and going to PHX. But the more we discussed it, we weren't prepared for that kind of change. We realized that it's a nice place to visit, but too much to go away like that.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg View Post
I'd feel bad too if I had to see Twilight.

try the veal, but seriously folks...

Why do you have to wait 2 1/2 years before going to Phoenix? School?

The wife and I were seriously debating leaving Jersey permanently and going to PHX. But the more we discussed it, we weren't prepared for that kind of change. We realized that it's a nice place to visit, but too much to go away like that.
Yeah, I have to wait that length of time because of school. But all good things come with patience.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
life is today now not tomarrow. tomarrow never comes. many of my greatest moments have been while i was waiting. life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
life is today not tomarrow. tomarrow never comes.
It sure feels that way sometimes. I wish I could just move on a whim, but I mean, I'd have to live very uncomfortably for a year or more until I got residency and then resumed school. That isn't really a smart option for me, so I prefer to wait it out.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:14 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,006,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
life is today now not tomarrow. tomarrow never comes.
Nice, positive outlook on life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area