Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2009, 11:07 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,167,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Maybe what the Cards needed was Ms. Lola on the sidelines in one of those little cheerleader uniforms!! Yea! Thats the ticket!!!
hey...if that would help i'd totally break out my HS uniform
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 11:12 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,609,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
"new cardinals fans"??? lol....oh wow. Your lucky I like you

Sooooo not a fumble are you kiddin' me???
Of course it isn't a fumble..you are a Cardinals fan. I'm a Cowboys fan who wanted the Cards to stop Pittsburgh from getting their 6th. I still say it was a fumble...

Anyways, I have no bias either way...I have played the game, coached the game, and been an NFL fan for the plus 25 years or so...It was a fumble...It was a fumble 20 years ago with no review and it was a fumble yesterday with a review...

And for the last time...the play was reviewed...EVERY PLAY in the last 2 min. is reviewed.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:17 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,167,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Of course it isn't a fumble..you are a Cardinals fan. I'm a Cowboys fan who wanted the Cards to stop Pittsburgh from getting their 6th. I still say it was a fumble...

Anyways, I have no bias either way...I have played the game, coached the game, and been an NFL fan for the plus 25 years or so...It was a fumble...It was a fumble 20 years ago with no review and it was a fumble yesterday with a review...

And for the last time...the play was reviewed...EVERY PLAY in the last 2 min. is reviewed.
Oh wow, your special it still WASN'T fumble though

Old 02-02-2009, 11:34 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,353,340 times
Quote:
"new cardinals fans"???
I'm a lifelong Arizonan, and I have to admit that I have not been a trueblue Cardinals fan (I've been following the Miami Dolphins since their great '72 season!). I began following the Cards' story once they got into the playoffs, and became mesmerized with all of the hype.

Incredible season! Being an Arizonan, I will support them, and personally, I believe the REAL story is about Kurt Warner! He is an incredible individual and great family man.

Congrats to the Arizona Cardinals for a great season!

Old 02-02-2009, 01:00 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,213,340 times
Quote:
"new cardinals fans"??? lol....oh wow. Your lucky I like you

Sooooo not a fumble are you kiddin' me???
It wasn't close to a fumble...

Old 02-02-2009, 01:20 PM

123 posts, read 488,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
It wasn't close to a fumble...
Regardless, the play SHOULD have been reviewed. The replay official took a quick look and decided that it did not need to be reviewed. That was the most important play of the game, probably of the season. Take two minutes and make sure that they get the call correct.

It was a close call either way.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:32 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdotcom01 View Post
Regardless, the play SHOULD have been reviewed. The replay official took a quick look and decided that it did not need to be reviewed. That was the most important play of the game, probably of the season. Take two minutes and make sure that they get the call correct.

I think the sports press in this town needs to learn to act like in a real NFL town. I was reading the stuff from Philly after their loss and they were letting the refs have it good over the no-call pass interference (while conveniently ignoring the out of bounds miscall). Anyway, our press was just far too nice and complacent about just being in SB. Building a sense of victimization is good for strengthening the base - in politics AND sports. WE WAS ROBBED!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdotcom01 View Post

They looked, and determined the call on the field was correct. They dont spend time scientifically analyzing plays from 200 different vantage points...The idea is to get calls correct whilst not spending hours to do so. They did fine. I could sit here and ***** about calls the Eagles didn't get, but it's pointless, since there were things within our control that we didn't do to win. Refs don't win and lose games--teams do.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:06 PM

123 posts, read 488,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
They looked, and determined the call on the field was correct. They dont spend time scientifically analyzing plays from 200 different vantage points...The idea is to get calls correct whilst not spending hours to do so. They did fine. I could sit here and ***** about calls the Eagles didn't get, but it's pointless, since there were things within our control that we didn't do to win. Refs don't win and lose games--teams do.
Apples and oranges. It was a very close call that determined the outcome of the Super Bowl. Replay is a tool that they have to make sure that they get the call correct. They should have used it in that situation.

I know that you are just trying to get a rise out of Cardinal fans. Good job, but it is obvious that you wanted Arizona to lose and lose big. Congratulations on your in-state rival beating Arizona. I hope that you can now sleep better at night.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:17 PM

We're not rivals with the Steelers. Also, it wasn't the official's job to do replay, it was the replay official, so you can't blame the refs for that. Blame the NFL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area