Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2009, 12:20 PM

25 posts, read 84,371 times

Advertisements

Does anybody have any info on Youngtown area. And is it a YAY or NAY area.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 12:27 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,228,371 times
pretty small area and pretty much a NAY - you can do better

Old 02-20-2009, 12:30 PM

25 posts, read 84,371 times
Just saw it on the map and had never heard a mention of it, thanks Finger Laker

Old 06-09-2009, 10:18 AM

3 posts, read 7,813 times
Youngtown is a small community of about 5000 residents adjacent to Sun City and Surprise, and separated from El Mirage by the Agua Fria river. Youngtown has one of the lowest crime rates in the West Valley.

Youngtown has two distinct sections, the North side ("Old Town") and the South side (Agua Fria Ranch). The North side was the original town, incorporated in the 1950s and the nation's first retirement comminity. It was recently ruled that the town's age restrictions were illegal, and now anyone can live here.

"Old Town" is comprised of neat little two bedroom block homes currently selling for under $100,000. They are probably the best home value in the Valley. Agua Fria Ranch is a recently-built Pulte subdivision of three and four bedroom homes North of Olive Avenue and West of 111th Avenue. There is a HOA in Agua Fria Ranch.

Youngtown has many parks, and it has a small lake in the center of Old Town that is stocked with fish.

Youngtown has its own police department, and police response time is excellent.

The only downside that I know of are the schools surrounding Youngtown. If I had kids, I would send them to a good charter school (not the one ridden with gangs from El Mirage).

Old 01-12-2010, 07:02 AM

1 posts, read 3,359 times
Default Info on Youngtown

Was looking for current info regards Youngtown as I want to buy a house for winter visiting and retirement . A big concern is does Elmarage overflow into Youngtown , looking in the older area between the canal and 111th . Another concern I was having is how secure is this area as the house would be vacant 6-8 months at a time . If anybody feels like sharing details it would help me a lot . Thank You in advance Paul

Old 01-12-2010, 10:38 AM

2,153 posts, read 5,177,644 times
Youngtown is probably not the best place for a vacation home. The older section is adjacent to Sun City but it does not have the infrastucture that Sun City has (community maintenance, community centers, clubs, golf, etc.). If you do not mind an older home built in the 70s you will be better off there.

The Aqua Fria Ranch area has lot of young families and rental homes. It is a fairly transient area. You would be better off in Surprise or Sun City West or NW Peoria if you want to be in the NW area.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:31 PM

11 posts, read 36,031 times
Most of the homes in Youngtown are small 1950s block homes around 1000sf or so. originally almost every home built there only had one bathroom; If you find a house with two bathrooms its an addition. I know this for a fact since I was looking to buy a home there. Its not a bad area but the neighborhood doesn't look very nice, un-kept yards, enclosed carports, and boxy additions take away from the 1950s charm that once existed in Youngtown not too long ago..

Old 01-15-2010, 11:12 AM

2,324 posts, read 7,625,437 times
Youngtown was a poor relation to Sun City; simple little well kept homes with older people. Then an agitator got the age restriction lifted and families moved in. Even before the real estate crash I had never seen so many houses for sale along 111th Ave. on the Sun City side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area