Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 11:19 AM

16 posts, read 60,435 times

Advertisements

I Live On Long Island Am Married And Have 4 Kids From 8-19. Want To Leave High Ny Bills And Move Where More Affordable Any Help With Great Schools And Low Crime In Ph. Area. And Advice Why Not To Move To Az.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2007, 01:51 PM

65 posts, read 478,914 times
We just did it last week, although we are not moving for good. We want to do for the time being, a six month split where we live half the time there and half the time here. It is more for work reasons than anything, cause once you see it out there, I don't see how anyone can't fall in love. In my opinion, it is like a little slice of heaven with nature and sunsets, and cacti and all. Absolutely beautiful. Always sunny and warm. What's not to love?????

Old 02-23-2007, 09:24 PM

164 posts, read 845,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindi907 View Post
I Live On Long Island Am Married And Have 4 Kids From 8-19. Want To Leave High Ny Bills And Move Where More Affordable Any Help With Great Schools And Low Crime In Ph. Area. And Advice Why Not To Move To Az.?
There is no reason at all you can find not to live in AZ. It blows Long Island away, im from LI and am moving to AZ very soon. Taking long to sell the home right now. Not sure where im gonna live but it looks like the phoenix area. I hear on this forum all the time that Mesa has the best schools and also Peoria. Good Luck.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:24 PM

28 posts, read 256,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june View Post
There is no reason at all you can find not to live in AZ. It blows Long Island away, im from LI and am moving to AZ very soon. Taking long to sell the home right now. Not sure where im gonna live but it looks like the phoenix area. I hear on this forum all the time that Mesa has the best schools and also Peoria. Good Luck.
No reason? Being positive is a fantastic quality, June, but I think one can be too positive. Clinically even. Let's be helpful, not delusional.

Cindi, have a look-see around the forum and you might just find that you'll be drowning in reasons not to move here. But you might find that you like what you hear, too. You'll read enough of the pros of cons of living here. But what matters most is what is important to you and your family. The important thing is in knowing what you want. If you find someone's nature particularly similar to your own and they love AZ, then you might love it, too. And vice versa. I won't give you my views, because, well, this forum does a fantastic job of describing the general idea of "life" in AZ on its own.

Happy surfing.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:09 PM

55 posts, read 343,528 times
Wow what's up with us Long Islanders? Actually we all know whats up thats why we are on this forum looking to get out of here. I too am excited to leave. Planning a trip next month to Arizona and hoping that my husband and I love it. I feel that here all we do is pay, pay, pay and get no satisfaction. I know there are people who love it here and will argue with me till they turn blue but for me, this just isn't the place! Yes, schools are terrific, houses are really nice, etc...but for me BORING! I'm just laughing reading that I am not the only one who feels like this here on the island. I lived in queens for a long time and feel the same way about it there...the good thing about my move to LI was the driveway, no street parking anymore!! lol

Old 02-26-2007, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkylafarle View Post
No reason? Being positive is a fantastic quality, June, but I think one can be too positive. Clinically even. Let's be helpful, not delusional.

Cindi, have a look-see around the forum and you might just find that you'll be drowning in reasons not to move here. But you might find that you like what you hear, too. You'll read enough of the pros of cons of living here. But what matters most is what is important to you and your family. The important thing is in knowing what you want. If you find someone's nature particularly similar to your own and they love AZ, then you might love it, too. And vice versa. I won't give you my views, because, well, this forum does a fantastic job of describing the general idea of "life" in AZ on its own.

Happy surfing.
delusional im not, you dont live on LI so how would you know the comparison. I pay 7000 dollars in taxes every year what do you pay? Long Island is getting very old looking and shabby in several citys. AZ is newer and cheaper. Our food stores are filthy, yours are clean. We sit in traffic for 3 hours, you sit for 15 minutes and complain about it, how sad. So anyone thinking about moving to Az from New York its the best thing youll ever do without any regrets, good luck.

Old 02-27-2007, 09:54 AM

55 posts, read 343,528 times
June, I live on the island too. Have u been to AZ and if so, where? I am considering the move too. Live in Hicksville now and can't wait to leave! I'm going to AZ next month...just curious if you can recommend places there.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:38 PM

28 posts, read 256,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june View Post
delusional im not, you dont live on LI so how would you know the comparison. I pay 7000 dollars in taxes every year what do you pay? Long Island is getting very old looking and shabby in several citys. AZ is newer and cheaper. Our food stores are filthy, yours are clean. We sit in traffic for 3 hours, you sit for 15 minutes and complain about it, how sad. So anyone thinking about moving to Az from New York its the best thing youll ever do without any regrets, good luck.
Hi, June. I didn't mean to offend you, if you felt so. I want to be sure that people don't speak in absolutes such as, "there is no reason at all you can find not to live in AZ" and "anyone thinking about moving to Az from New York its the best thing youll ever do without any regrets." This isn't being helpful.

There are countless reasons for and against moving to AZ and I think it's important that both constructive positives and constructive negatives are given equal voice on these forums. It's wonderful that you are happy to be where you are and think it so much better than LI, but I believe it's important for us to remember that what we have to say is opinion, not gospel.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms973 View Post
June, I live on the island too. Have u been to AZ and if so, where? I am considering the move too. Live in Hicksville now and can't wait to leave! I'm going to AZ next month...just curious if you can recommend places there.
Well lets see, your from hicksville so I reccomend you look into Scottsdale, Peoria, Suprise az and all Del Web communitys. If you are looking for a more rural area with not much around, more private then go on over to Queen Creek still building up out there and is much cheaper. I also heard this community Vistancia is being eaten up by alot of New Yorkers. So good luck .

Old 02-27-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms973 View Post
Wow what's up with us Long Islanders? Actually we all know whats up thats why we are on this forum looking to get out of here. I too am excited to leave. Planning a trip next month to Arizona and hoping that my husband and I love it. I feel that here all we do is pay, pay, pay and get no satisfaction. I know there are people who love it here and will argue with me till they turn blue but for me, this just isn't the place! Yes, schools are terrific, houses are really nice, etc...but for me BORING! I'm just laughing reading that I am not the only one who feels like this here on the island. I lived in queens for a long time and feel the same way about it there...the good thing about my move to LI was the driveway, no street parking anymore!! lol
Where are you staying in AZ? I have family there so when I go I stay with them, but one time i stayed at the Scottsdale Suites next door to the Scottsdale Princess. Very nice place and go to the Elephant bar to eat. its like a TGIF. and also the Cheesecake factory for lunch. Im also going at the end of March will be there for 2 weeks. Have fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area