Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 07:51 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,708,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenionthemove View Post
How much of a problem is kidnapping in Phoenix? There is so much national coverage on kidnapping in Arizona these days. I read an old thread about this, but has it gotten worse?
A couple weeks ago there was a bunch of panic threads concerning the ABC story on "Arizona the kidnapping capitol of the world" big news blown over like usual. Another example is the local news states "show low walmart has a shooting" but in fact some guy accidentally set his gun off. lol!

Unless a nuke goes off or the civil war starts, i wouldn't take anything serious on the television news.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:55 PM

44 posts, read 183,416 times
"Unless a nuke goes off or the civil war starts, i wouldn't take anything serious on the television news.'[/quote]

LOL- That's what I was hoping to hear. My mind is at ease. Thanks!

Old 03-03-2009, 08:42 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,426,615 times
Quote:
Well I see that the two of you like to be forum bullies. Good luck with that! Yes it's public...and if you don't want to take part in the discussion...you don't have to post...BTW public also means I'm allowed to ask what I want...how does that make me a sheep...because I watch CNN and was curious? Get a life.
No one is being a bully, you are just acting like a child. And sure, you can ask what you want, but that doesn't mean your question isn't stupid.

If you didn't want a honest response, why did you even make the thread?

Old 03-03-2009, 08:43 PM

Here is my original post: "How much of a problem is kidnapping in Phoenix? There is so much national coverage on kidnapping in Arizona these days. I read an old thread about this, but has it gotten worse? "

How in the world did you give me an honest response? Come on! I think you enjoy being dramatic. lol Have a good night.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:11 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,317,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZnative4Life View Post
snooty WTF ever this pathetic topic has been discussed to death and doesn't need another lame thread made about it.
With respect to the moderators, perhaps they could merge this thread with the old one. On other city forums, if a similar thread or topic is asked, they will merge it with the old thread. That way, people can get all the same feedback on one thread without having to hunt for two separate threads.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:50 PM

KarmaPHX- Yikes!

Old 03-03-2009, 10:12 PM

270 posts, read 1,111,016 times
jenionthemove, from what i read, many phoenix kidnappings involved drug deals originated from mexico border towns gone bad and spilled all over here, just because this was where the drug dealers found the guys owing drug money. When a person is not involved in this type of life, s/he has nothing to worry.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:15 PM

1,248 posts, read 3,512,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiwei View Post
jenionthemove, from what i read, many phoenix kidnappings involved drug deals originated from mexico border towns gone bad and spilled all over here, just because this was where the drug dealers found the guys owing drug money. When a person is not involved in this type of life, s/he has nothing to worry.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner folks. To ensure safety from kidnappings, stay out of the drug trade and/or coyote businesses.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiwei View Post

Aiwei- Thanks for your posting. There are a few touchy people in this thread.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:28 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,391,686 times
Quote:
Turn on CNN...that's 40% of what they talk about.
I've been here 6 years. The only kidnappings are what Ponderosa talked about. While you may have been upset at some of the responses, they make a good point - do be mindful about your sources. Now that TV news runs 24/7 they seem to grab onto some topic and just go with it until something more interesting comes along. And yeah, border highways and border towns are a little sketchy. But I've driven many times across highway 8 to Yuma and never had a problem. We are a huge city and a growing state with a very diverse population. The Greater Phoenix Area is the 6th largest city in the US and we got there pretty fast. We're still catching up with ourselves.

The real news often comes from outside the country. I try and read all across the political spectrum. I get a more balanced view that way. Here's a pretty comprehensive list: International News - World News Sources and Wire Services
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: