Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 12:05 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,404,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalys View Post
Could be that because of all the foreclosures, people are abandoning their pets more and more.
That's probably a factor too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 01:25 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,116,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drb85650 View Post
Frankly, I'd blame all the "cat lovers" who think it's the feline right to roam free.
I think that's kind of a cat's nature. The only alternative is to keep them indoors. I don't like cats, so that's not for me to say one way or the other...

I'm a dog lover. Like you couldn't guess...

Old 03-24-2009, 02:29 PM

687 posts, read 2,951,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I think that's kind of a cat's nature. The only alternative is to keep them indoors. I don't like cats, so that's not for me to say one way or the other...

I'm a dog lover. Like you couldn't guess...
And it isn't a dogs nature to want to hunt, explore, roam? Yet we dog lovers for the large part control our best friends, keep 'em inside or in a yard. Cat "lovers" think it's a nature given right to let em poop prowl and kill in anybodies yard but theirs. Ever seen a catlover cleaning the cat poop out of their flowerbeds?...........neither have I.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:17 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,116,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drb85650 View Post
And it isn't a dogs nature to want to hunt, explore, roam?
It is, but most dogs are not capable of getting out of a secure yard, depending on the dog and the height of the fence. Cats of course can roam at will and fences are no obstacle.

I can appreciate that some people don't like the neighbors' cats roaming in their yard, particularly since some cats spray. I don't have any cat problem in my yard because my dog scares them away!

Old 03-31-2009, 11:11 PM

88 posts, read 253,070 times
There are too many strays and indoor/outdoor cats. I don't understand it personally, I think it is irrisponisble to let your kitty roam in a place like this. If you're out in the country that is one thing, but cats here put themselves and motorists in danger by roaming the streets. My cats stay inside.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:18 PM

2,324 posts, read 7,622,441 times
Maybe the roof rats are ganging up on the cats, I have seen the rats running around the neighborhood but the final straw is eating at Einstein's bagels and seeing a rat actually trying to come through the front door. Our resident shopping center bum's cat started chasing it and nailed it about 200 feet away.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:30 PM

946 posts, read 2,603,858 times
When I lived in Phoenix ten+ years ago, I saw a dog that had been run over by what looked like a semi, probably after it was already dead. The body was about an inch high, with no blood or guts visible. The four paws stuck out like a cartoon carticature. Ever since then, I've had this dream of brewing beer just so I can make a label that says, "Dead Dog Beer--For When You're Feeling a Little Low"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area