Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 01:51 PM

294 posts, read 992,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Charles_ View Post
With the exception of the central corridor where prices have not plummeted as much - you can pretty much write your own ticket on a nice home with a pool and a view around the Valley .
view is one thing, but i am looking for an actual hillside lot. i have found a brand new 3600 sq ft house south of dobbins in the south mountain area in a gated community for ~$350k, but am looking for other similar areas to expand my search to before making a final decision.

thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 02:02 PM

149 posts, read 534,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamteam View Post
thanks foe that info.. any other zip codes i could try in my search?
85268 for Fountain Hills. FH was also recently named Arizona's “Best Affordable Suburb” by BusinessWeek.

Fountain Hills named 'Best Affordable Suburb' in state

Old 04-06-2009, 02:31 PM

294 posts, read 992,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNeedle View Post
85268 for Fountain Hills. FH was also recently named Arizona's “Best Affordable Suburb” by BusinessWeek.

Fountain Hills named 'Best Affordable Suburb' in state
just searched this, there's not a single home that's 4yrs or newer over 2500 st ft under $350k thats located in that ZIP code.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:48 PM

149 posts, read 534,573 times
Quote:
just searched this, there's not a single home that's 4yrs or newer over 2500 st ft under $350k thats located in that ZIP code.
That's strange . I thought the house prices in FH have come down quite a bit. Sorry about that.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:50 PM

426 posts, read 1,309,245 times
Quote:
thanks foe that info.. any other zip codes i could try in my search?
Try using this web site. I used it early on to help me find particular zip codes around town.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:40 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,338,758 times
Just hire a realtor and search for homes. Honestly, threads like this are dangerous for you because you could form preconceived ideas and avoid certain areas because you heard homes were too expensive in an area. You will be suprised. None of the stereotypes were true when I was looking. Places that I heard houses were supposedly cheap were not really cheap. And areas that I heard were supposedly expensive were not that expensive. Pick an area that you like and spend some time researching and waiting and you will find a home that meets your price or comes close to it. The hardest part is finding what area of Phoenix you like the best. That takes time.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:27 PM

38 posts, read 121,666 times
Default 350k buys ANYTHING

Pick the neighborhood and the home and its yours. There are good neighborhoods in the metro area but be very careful of inflated home prices. I spoke with a realtor who mentioned banks are playing a game in Phoenix with house values in an attempt to recoupe the monumental loses they have encountered.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:03 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,514,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by restoguy View Post
Pick the neighborhood and the home and its yours. There are good neighborhoods in the metro area but be very careful of inflated home prices. I spoke with a realtor who mentioned banks are playing a game in Phoenix with house values in an attempt to recoupe the monumental loses they have encountered.
That would not surprise me at all. (bankers sure have fallen down the trustworthy scale, haven't they?) Good advice!

Old 04-07-2009, 04:43 PM

824 posts, read 2,340,372 times
Quote:
"banks are playing a game in Phoenix with house values in an attempt to recoupe the monumental loses they have encountered."
What are you referring to? The banks certainly do not have pricing power. Many do appear to be holding back REOs from the marketplace, so maybe that is what you are referencing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area