Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 06:22 AM

496 posts, read 1,055,041 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me are there any safe places at all in Phoenix?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 06:25 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,354,076 times
Yes, lots of them (in my opinion, at least). How do you define "safe"? Is there anywhere in the world where complete safety is possible? The fact is that one "feels" safe, or not, depending, not only on local crime rates, etc., but on ones own attitude. Like many things, "safety" is a state of mind!

Old 04-10-2009, 06:44 AM

I'm talking about a low crime area One that a person could walk down the street and catch the bus without having to worry The real estate seems reasonable there .I was curious ,everyone tells me inside Phoenix is unsafe.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:55 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
I don't know if you are serious, but if you are then there are few places here that are NOT safe. This is one of the safest large cities anywhere and the newer suburbs and newer parts of the older ones are way, way, below the national average in violent crime. You can walk just about anywhere and not be worried. When people who live here get together and crime comes up it's about getting the car stereo stolen, or teenagers breaking windows and such, not violent crime in the neighborhoods. There is no place where your life would be in danger if you took a wrong turn. There's a few bad parts, but nothing like other large cities have. Your fears are way out of whack.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:59 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,208,236 times
If it seems "reasonable" what part of town are you looking in? Perhaps if you gave an idea of where you are considering, posters can give you a better idea about the immediate neighborhood.

I live in Phoenix. I am female. I walked to the grocery store and movie theater and back home last night in the dark. My biggest "fear" was whether my ice cream would start melting by the time I got home.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:19 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
I echo the sentiiments of all three that have replied so far.

Phoenix is a VERY large place in terms of area. Of course there are many areas I would consider safe. You have asked this same general question here now about Phoenix, Tucson, and several of the Phoenix suburbs. If you are serious about moving to somewhere in Arizona, you really need to come and see for yourself to find out whether you would like to live here, and whether you can find employment if you do want to come here..... safety is only one element of the decision to move here.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:51 PM

Thanks alot and we plan on visiting soon as possible I ask alot of questions and watch how people react to my questions because I,myself have been in a few big cities but not for a long time I just want to be sure that is what I want .My husband has a serious illness and wants me to be happy with my life after hes gone. Right now we live out in the boonies I'm an unemployed factory worker right now ans there are very few jobs where I live and alot of Layoffs

Old 04-10-2009, 02:04 PM

587 posts, read 1,420,073 times
I am very sorry to hear about your husband.

I agree with what's already been posted ~ I would consider much more of Phoenix safe than not, so that really shouldn't be a huge concern.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:22 PM

235 posts, read 755,804 times
It's a large city, full of bored teenagers. In the suburbs the worst that will happen to you is a thirst buster will get tossed at you from a car.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:25 PM

674 posts, read 2,552,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weroses View Post
I'm talking about a low crime area One that a person could walk down the street and catch the bus without having to worry The real estate seems reasonable there .I was curious ,everyone tells me inside Phoenix is unsafe.
You have to live here for a while to see for yourself. Some areas I would consider relatively safe while other CD members would consider dangerous. West Phoenix? There's lots of neighborhoods there I would not mind living in, some members here will tell you to wear a bullet proof vest when driving through there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: