Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 12:52 PM

39,093 posts, read 51,289,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
i actually thought this year was the opposite (last year was nice as well) ........ both are a break from how early the heat came on in the handfull of years prior

the fact I can travel to hartford at the end of april and experience warmer weather is unheard of ........ the fact that it still cools off at night, the mornings are still pretty decent and we're only really flirting with 100 every now and again isn't bad for being into may

i'm loving the delay
Agree! The last couple years have actually been pretty decent by our standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 12:54 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,578,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
When I lived in the Pacific NW, I don't think we owned an AC....kinda wierd when you think about it. I bet I thought it was hot when the room reached 73 degrees. Just a fan was all we used. Had a nice home too, but just no AC.
I don't have AC in my house here either. There's only about two or three nights where we need some cooling in the summer, and that's taken care of by a window unit.
(Though I still think the house is kinda chilly when it's between 70-74 degrees )

Old 05-10-2009, 10:45 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,086,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Well, you could always shut yours off at home. Anyway, we all live like that no matter where we live. In the east it is heat in winter, ac summer. How many people in Maine live without heat in their homes, cars, malls? I doubt that is even possible. Many people in the east also have ac everywhere in the summer. It's not an AZ thing at all. Nobody gets much exposure to the elements anymore regardless of where they live. We are all weather wusses sitting in our conditioned spaces whining about what it is like on the other side of the window glass.
ha ha ha, yea, we are all "wimps" aren't we. I know, it's everywhere, I was just joking, you know me. lol I really need to do this

Old 05-10-2009, 10:48 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,158,161 times
Quote:
is it me or is it alot hotter alot sooner this year than last year? Several days predicted to be over 100 in the next 10 days. I seem to remember May being in the low 90s
Many years ago, I used to live in Phoenix. I can remember one year that I could not go swimming on my mom's birthday (May 31), because I had been walking barefoot on the black pavement and burned the bottoms of my feet to the point where they blistered.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-10-2009, 01:35 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,268,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Many years ago, I used to live in Phoenix. I can remember one year that I could not go swimming on my mom's birthday (May 31), because I had been walking barefoot on the black pavement and burned the bottoms of my feet to the point where they blistered.

20yrsinBranson
I have had to bring a extra shirt to cover my steering wheel for the past 3 days, due to the fact that even with the window shield sun screen ( silver reflective wachamacallit thing), I laid my unsuspecting hands on that molten lava hot steering wheels and nearly blistered them. Im wondering if there is a device you can put on your Steering wheel that will not conduct as much heat. It was so hot, my TOM TOM GPS went Kapooie and had to be put into the glove box until it cooled off.

Never ever walk outside in this city in the summertime unless you have protection for your feet.... yeeesh that just sounds painfull.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:10 PM

6 posts, read 11,176 times
Captain Bill, you just sold me on the move we've been contemplating. Its been gray skies and raining for approx 4 wks straight in Peoria, IL and the air is just thick. The golf in Central IL can't be beat for $ and variety but if they're under water what's the use?!! I know it gets fairly warm during the summer in AZ, but weighing the humidity here against dry heat I think AZ wins.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
I have had to bring a extra shirt to cover my steering wheel for the past 3 days, due to the fact that even with the window shield sun screen ( silver reflective wachamacallit thing), I laid my unsuspecting hands on that molten lava hot steering wheels and nearly blistered them. Im wondering if there is a device you can put on your Steering wheel that will not conduct as much heat. It was so hot, my TOM TOM GPS went Kapooie and had to be put into the glove box until it cooled off.

Never ever walk outside in this city in the summertime unless you have protection for your feet.... yeeesh that just sounds painfull.
I used to use a cloth wheel cover. It had a kind of plush on it. I worked well but looks a little 80s. I also used to see a lot of beaded seat covers.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:

Same for your dog.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:43 PM

1,433 posts, read 2,984,637 times
How old are you guys?

Old 05-10-2009, 05:47 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,268,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actinic View Post
How old are you guys?
who
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area