Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 05:50 PM

1,433 posts, read 2,986,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
who
Anyone. My guess is the heat lovers are older ... and possibly retired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 07:28 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,271,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actinic View Post
Anyone. My guess is the heat lovers are older ... and possibly retired.
nah, I think all the old folks ran up north about now. They flock in around November or so. My wife, who works in the food industry said they left in APR.

Dont worry, When I moved to Western Wa, Stay tuned, Ill be complaining about how I never see the sun anymore, I give it about 4 months. Lived there for 30 years, so I think Ill be OK though, but I still reserve the right to gripe.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:48 PM

1,433 posts, read 2,986,140 times
Some hang around for whatever reason. Pretty easy to identify ... they're the ones that assume you can head to cooler locales in a moments notice, skip work, stay for weeks or months, avoid commutes, spend leisurely mornings at home, and don't miss all the outdoor activities in the afternoon as in other parts of the country.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:07 PM

568 posts, read 1,207,904 times
Ahhh...I'm trying to hold out, trying to be stoic. I was hoping to get to the end of the month before turning on the ac. But I fear it's wearing me down! lol.....I've already gone 5 months without it. Can I hold it till the end of May?! My AC bill was only $40 last month...something worth suffering for. Ok...so I'm a little cheap. But every little bit counts and I must save money to purchase my dream house in the fall.
Anyhow, this is why I think crime in Phoenix isn't as bad as many comparably-sized cities. After all, who has the energy to do anything, whether for good or ill, in this heat?!!!

Old 05-10-2009, 10:41 PM

6,710 posts, read 5,958,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xica_da_Silva View Post
Anyhow, this is why I think crime in Phoenix isn't as bad as many comparably-sized cities. After all, who has the energy to do anything, whether for good or ill, in this heat?!!!
what about AC thieves?

Old 05-10-2009, 10:47 PM

568 posts, read 1,207,904 times
Touché, blisterpeanuts...touché! :-)

Old 05-10-2009, 10:59 PM

145 posts, read 645,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
nah, I think all the old folks ran up north about now. They flock in around November or so. My wife, who works in the food industry said they left in APR.

Dont worry, When I moved to Western Wa, Stay tuned, Ill be complaining about how I never see the sun anymore, I give it about 4 months. Lived there for 30 years, so I think Ill be OK though, but I still reserve the right to gripe.

when you moving back? what triggered this decision?

Old 05-10-2009, 11:02 PM

145 posts, read 645,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xica_da_Silva View Post
Ahhh...I'm trying to hold out, trying to be stoic. I was hoping to get to the end of the month before turning on the ac. But I fear it's wearing me down! lol.....I've already gone 5 months without it. Can I hold it till the end of May?! My AC bill was only $40 last month...something worth suffering for. Ok...so I'm a little cheap. But every little bit counts and I must save money to purchase my dream house in the fall.
Anyhow, this is why I think crime in Phoenix isn't as bad as many comparably-sized cities. After all, who has the energy to do anything, whether for good or ill, in this heat?!! !

not I says the little bear. so nuckin' futs hot today i waited till 8pm to wash the car (i like to do it by hand). what a disaster...felt like i had heat stroke just beign in the house until i drank 3 cups of water...gotta drink that water before you are thirsty.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:25 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,173,365 times
Suffice to say: I will gladly take Phx's early heat over that nasty '4 seasons' nonsense in places like Wash DC, etc.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:47 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,271,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJames34 View Post
when you moving back? what triggered this decision?
I think the freckles on my pale son and I are connecting the dots on our sunburned skins. Im actually getting concerned about the danger of skin cancer. Im so white, (when Im not sunburned) a marshmallow uses me as a background to be able to see itself.

My only trouble with going to Wa is that I cant seem to go to sleep with out the sound of the osculating fan noise, let alone the feeling of waves of cool air hitting my skin at night. I bet there are a lot of us who need the extra noise of our cooling devices just to fall asleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area