Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 01:25 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,984,055 times

Advertisements

If you can swing California...why would you even consider Arizona? Arizona is a compromise for not being able to live in California (with exceptions of course)...but for someone young, I think California would be the way to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 01:26 PM

17,916 posts, read 43,579,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
dang it, diverse.. not deserve

Sometimes I wonder if I have brain damage.
Nah. . . if you do, it's contagious. Today I meant to type "suburbs" in a post and typed "suburns". . . Given the time of year, I thought it was pretty funny and kind of a Freudian slip. . . but I was still in time to edit it, so I did.

Old 05-16-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscott2009 View Post
Phoenix, Arizona...without a doubt....I too am a single black woman in late 30's from North Carolina looking to relocate..I have narrowed it down to Phoenix, Arizona...Location, Location, Location....5hrs from Las Vegas/7hrs from San Diego & Los Angeles...Also i hear that houses are very affordable in the area as well and the Cost of Living is well within everyone's means. Whatever you decide...Good luck on the move!!!
Like I just said...a compromise.

How many people in LA or San Diego do you think are saying "Location, location, location...only 7 hours from Phoenix"?

Old 05-16-2009, 03:35 PM

39,178 posts, read 51,489,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
If you can swing California...why would you even consider Arizona? Arizona is a compromise for not being able to live in California (with exceptions of course)...but for someone young, I think California would be the way to go.
Oh come on. I would not want to live in California. I have about 35 million reasons why. AZ has many advantages over the Golden State. I am not alone in this - AZ gets more people from California than from anywhere. I guess they all are not "able" to live there in your estimation?

Old 05-16-2009, 03:37 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,285,923 times
the only part of CA I would consider is the bay area - i really do not like southern CA at all and would have a hard time moving there - this past summer I had a great job offer to go to LA, but ended up turning it down ..... just not for me - i like AZ so much more

Old 05-16-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Like I just said...a compromise.

How many people in LA or San Diego do you think are saying "Location, location, location...only 7 hours from Phoenix"?
That is a main advantage of Phoenix. One can enjoy the superior quality of life here and still not be too far to take advantage of the good things Cali has to offer.

Old 05-16-2009, 03:43 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,285,923 times
also the old phrase "nice place to visit, but I sure wouldn't want to live there"

although I really don't even like visiting LA

Old 05-16-2009, 03:49 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,727,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
That is a main advantage of Phoenix. One can enjoy the superior quality of life here and still not be too far to take advantage of the good things Cali has to offer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
also the old phrase "nice place to visit, but I sure wouldn't want to live there"

although I really don't even like visiting LA
What about San Diego? Funny thing is all of California looks the same, one giant suburb. Phoenix isn't the only one with sprawl problems.

Old 05-16-2009, 03:53 PM

LA can be a little crazy...but what exactly is there not to like about San Diego? How is Phoenix better then San Diego, leaving money out of the equation, I'd like to know.

Old 05-16-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
LA can be a little crazy...but what exactly is there not to like about San Diego? How is Phoenix better then San Diego, leaving money out of the equation, I'd like to know.
San Diego has low wages and high costs. You act like everyone in Cali lives in a beach house. The reality is that millions upon millions in S Cal live in aging, over-priced sub-divisions in crime-infested neighborhoods being taken over by illegal immigrants. In San Diego, the affordable areas that most of us could move to are out in the east county areas where it is darn near as hot and every bit as suburbia as Phoenix (low 100s right now). Add taxes, over-regulation, and earthquakes, mobbed parks and beaches. I like SD, but honestly the California reality for most is far different than the dream. Go to Cali, live on the beach, be a rock star. It doesn't work that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area