Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 10:24 PM

1,310 posts, read 4,146,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
You obviously haven't spent much time on the east coast. The Bay area really only has a lot of diversity in regards to Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese and other Southeast Asians but hardly any Arabic, Persian, African and European people. Many cities on the east coast including Washington D.C., Boston, Philly and even Chicago has greater diversity than SF. Yes, there are a lot of Indians in the Bay but nothing compared to the amount in the latter areas that I mentioned.
Well maybe, you can argue some of those cities have better diversity then the Bay Area. But I really wouldn't say Boston or Chicago are more diverse than the SF region. We do have Persians, I knew many persions in the west side of the Santa Clara Valley. Many Afghans in Fremont. Good amount of Ethiopians in Berkeley and Oakland. Europeans are all over SF and Palo Alto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 10:56 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,342,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdy1985 View Post
Well maybe, you can argue some of those cities have better diversity then the Bay Area. But I really wouldn't say Boston or Chicago are more diverse than the SF region. We do have Persians, I knew many persions in the west side of the Santa Clara Valley. Many Afghans in Fremont. Good amount of Ethiopians in Berkeley and Oakland. Europeans are all over SF and Palo Alto.
I understand there are Persians, Africans and Afghans etc in the Bay area but just not to the same degree that they can be found on the East Coast. The Bay are is largely far east Asian and southeast Asian. For crying outloud, SF is 25% Chinese! Nonetheless, I would agree with your point. For the OP, he would find greater acceptance in the Bay area due to the diversity and more liberal attitude; Phoenix can't compete in that regard. However, in terms of the total package, I think Phoenix meets what he seeks. The Bay area is fun if you are a kid. If you are an adult who wants to purchase a home and has grown past going to hooka bars and eclectic restaurants, Phoenix is a better option.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:02 PM

453 posts, read 1,631,390 times
don't come to phoenix, public health department just walked out all of it's TB case managers. Suppose to be a ton more lose their jobs there. There are no jobs here and all there is here is murder and mayhem.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:59 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,266,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow91 View Post
all there is here is murder and mayhem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area