Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 03:44 PM

11 posts, read 38,484 times

Advertisements

I currently live in the Philadelphia area but will be moving to the Phoenix area in august to attend ASU. I work at Sears and plan on transfering to a Sears out in the Phoenix/Tempe/Mesa area, but do not know which one as of yet. I work in the Lawn and Garden department selling tractors, lawn mowers, grills, and patio furnature. We work on commission so I want to pick a Sears that is in a decent neighborhood where there is actually some grass around. Does anyone have any suggestions on which Sears would be best for me? Thanks, Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 03:46 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,216,031 times
i will defer to those who know that area better, but as a former philadelphia resident wish you the best of luck in your move

Old 05-20-2009, 04:02 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,398,231 times
Well, if you are attending main campus, the Fiesta Mall location in Mesa would be convenient for you... lots of grass lawns in the neighborhoods around there and in neighboring Tempe. Next choice closest would be Chandler Fashion Center store. Again, lots of areas where people love their yards/gardens.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:39 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,763,084 times
The Fiesta Mall area is on the downslide. All the restuarants and strip malls are boarded up. If there isn a Sears @ The Chandler Fashion Mall thats the way to go. More money around that are the Fiesta Mall. There is a Sears call center in Tempe @ Hardy and Warner. A bus ride straight to ASU down hardy on the 62.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:39 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,290,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Well, if you are attending main campus, the Fiesta Mall location in Mesa would be convenient for you... lots of grass lawns in the neighborhoods around there and in neighboring Tempe. Next choice closest would be Chandler Fashion Center store. Again, lots of areas where people love their yards/gardens.
To the OP

I would recommend Chandler Fashion Center. It's a more affluent mall serving a more affluent area. The Sears and the mall is more new than Fiesta Mall.

Quote:
The Fiesta Mall area is on the downslide. All the restuarants and strip malls are boarded up.
I wouldn't say that. Yes, some of the strip malls around Fiesta have boarded up but most haven't. Instead, the area stopped trying to compete for the high-end or affluent clientele and is essentially restructuring its approach to go after middle class shoppers which is why they are putting a Best Buy and a Dicks sporting goods in or near the mall and moving away from high fashion stores. The area used to be the only shopping option in the area but since the advent of Arizona Mills, Chandler Fashion Square and San Tan Village not to mention Casa Paloma in Chandler, the area just got a lot of competition suddenly and wasn't able to meet demand. I feel bad because the location is truly perfect in terms of proximity to everything. It wouldn't suprise me if Fiesta Mall becomes like Los Arcos and they bulldoze it to reinvent it as another shopping complex like a City North or something like that.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:17 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,398,231 times
Good tip about the call center. Another option!

I don't know that the occupancy in the strip malls around Fiesta Mall really matters here. There aren't that many Sears stores, so people who want to go to Sears travel to go there. There isn't one in Scottsdale, there isn't a full size store in East Phoenix, so that's still the closest Sears store to people outside the immediate area of Fiesta Mall. I think azriverfan has a point, that somewhere down the road Fiesta Mall may get reinvented into a more multiuse property.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:33 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,722,805 times
Observer and AZriverfan are right. I was at Fiesta Mall and across the street near the Best Buy in Feb on two occasions and while it has changed from 2006 I think the owners are trying to reinvent the mall to cater to the market that it serves.

But looking at the criteria of having neighborhoods where there is grass, I don't think that you'd go wrong with Chandler Fashion Center.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:27 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,740,560 times
There is also a Sears at Arcadia Crossing. Lots of grass north and west of there.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:44 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,584,987 times
Good luck. I was just in a Sears/K-mart store and the manager said that they were closing out and discontinuing the Lawn & Garden Centers in the Metro area within the next 90 days.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:19 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,740,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Good luck. I was just in a Sears/K-mart store and the manager said that they were closing out and discontinuing the Lawn & Garden Centers in the Metro area within the next 90 days.
I have never seen a Sears/K-mart store. (I realize they have the same ownership.) Which was it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area