Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 05:06 PM

385 posts, read 1,262,362 times

Advertisements

Part of those fees are disposal fees at the dump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 05:08 PM

410 posts, read 1,294,462 times
Well, we have a lovely rep from Old Republic that would love to hear your story.. email me if you'd like her contact info. She says she will be happy to troubleshoot service problems for "complete satisfaction".

Old 05-22-2009, 05:18 PM

15 Days no A/C in Phoenix--could be criminal.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:22 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,317,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcater View Post
Well, we have a lovely rep from Old Republic that would love to hear your story.. email me if you'd like her contact info. She says she will be happy to troubleshoot service problems for "complete satisfaction".
Lildevil101

You owe azcater a lot. My realtor knew a rep at one of these companies and it made a huge difference. With my first home warranty, my AC leaked coolant and I needed someone to come to fix it ASAP. The home warranty companies have emergency service for AC, electricity and Heat over the weekend. The warranty company screwed me and sent someone on Monday. My realtor gave me the name of the rep. I called that rep and she not only wrote off the service free but gave me a credit as well

Old 05-22-2009, 08:04 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,061,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcater View Post
AZ Tracy, which Home warranty company was that? I am always looking for the "good" ones!
It was American Home Shield.....I'm not saying it was easy to get things done, but they eventually did. My clients have also had very good luck with Old Republic Home Warranty.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:47 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,965,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
What is the name of your home warranty company? I have American Home Shield and they are great. I've never had problems with them. Have you called the Home Warranty Company and complained that their vendor is not following up and is asking for these additional fees. According to my contract, I only have to pay the home service fee charge and the warranty company covers the rest through their vendor. Sometimes, the vendors try to take advantage of the customer assuming they won't call the warranty company. This happened to me once. My pool pump required certain parts and the vendor lied and said it wasn't covered under my warranty. I was suspicious so I called the warranty company and verified that it was covered. The warranty company and vendor spoke and sure enough, the pool company apologized and funded the rest of the parts.

The warranty company has a lot of vendors to choose from so if this AC company is being unethical, the warranty company can provide you with another vendor. You are also entitled to a second opinion (using a different vendor). If the second vendor agrees with the diagnosis of the first vendor, then you are required to pay for the service fee. If the second vendor has a different diagnosis, you don't pay anything. Sometimes, it's good to get a second vendor opinion. HOWEVER, don't tell the vendor their visit is a second opinion visit because that could influence how they diagnose your problem and might recommend a cheaper plan and the warranty company could favor that. In addition, if the rep at the Warranty company seems unwilling to help, ask for a supervisor. The supervisor is better and will often be more helpful.

Still, if the home warranty company is replacing the compressor, that's a good deal and most home warranty companies will try to get out of doing that by seeking a second opinion. That happened to me too. I had a bad pool pump. They called a guy and he recommended the pump be replaced. The warranty company called a second vendor who said he could fix it without replacing it. Guess who they went with

I have American Home Shield too. I also had them with my last house when my air conditioner blew they put in a new unit and it only cost us 91.00.
Great service!

Old 05-22-2009, 10:54 PM

101 posts, read 314,603 times
Thank You everyone for your comments and info !!!! I have calmed down a bit due to the cooler temps and the fact that my wife is not tearing my face off quite so bad right now I don`t know how she did it when it was in the high 90`s inside my house a few days in a row ! They are supposed to come tomorrow as I am told so I will post results. I also am not really aggravated with Old Republic as much as I am with the AC company and I am sure they are taking care of their regular customers or places that are making them more $$$$ 1st then everyone else later .

Old 05-23-2009, 07:26 AM

After the compressor blows, the refrigerant line must be completely clean, or the new compressor will not last long. The blown compressor leaves oil in the line, which could greatly impede the performance of the new compressor. Keep us posted.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:03 AM

410 posts, read 1,294,462 times
I'm sending my rep a message now.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:31 AM

687 posts, read 1,948,362 times
My AC went out last weekend and it took some harassing of Old Republic and the repair company, but it was fixed within 48 hours. In a lot of these cases, I think the squeaky wheel definitely gets the grease. I also make a point to question everything with the repair companies - they probably thought I was super annoying, but I was just trying to make sure my unit got fixed the FIRST time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area