Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 01:26 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,413,896 times

Advertisements

i can't believe this thread has lasted this long. You would think that somewhere along the way people would have discovered some fun thing to do in the valley.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:12 AM

101 posts, read 296,242 times
Default Kidnapping

I think that with the latest kidnapping stats Phoenix has become a much more dangerous place to live..

Old 04-08-2009, 07:05 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,199,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josehernandez017 View Post
I think that with the latest kidnapping stats Phoenix has become a much more dangerous place to live..
Not really unless you are either an illegal alien or mixed up with same.

The kidnappers typically do not fool with Americans---------Hispanic or otherwise.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:49 PM

186 posts, read 571,174 times
End this blasted thread already. It's gotten way off point.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:04 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,035,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tscrilla View Post
For real...LOL...close it, close it, close it, close it! LOL, I kid that would surely violate someone's freedom of speech (1st Amendment)! Right? Oh wait, that's for government imposed restrictions.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:29 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,584,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tscrilla View Post
Funny that you replied to this thread a month and a half after the last reply.

(Chances are, it wouldn't have been brought up again)

Old 05-24-2009, 04:02 PM

14 posts, read 77,418 times
One word, suburbia. Phoenix and the surrounding areas consist of one giant suburb filled with cookie cutter people. Now, before I get attacked for this opinion, this seems to be the majority, not the whole. Have to love suburbia, conservative christians, fun.

Old 05-24-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyAnn View Post
One word, suburbia. Phoenix and the surrounding areas consist of one giant suburb filled with cookie cutter people. Now, before I get attacked for this opinion, this seems to be the majority, not the whole. Have to love suburbia, conservative christians, fun.
Isn't every city surrounded by Suburbia??? I mean Boston to Virginia Beach is one big suburb anchored by key cities.

Phoenix is hardly conservative nor is it mostly christian, as if being christian is bad? I'm not, I'm a cafeteria catholic which isn't very "christian" of me and don't remember the last time I was in church. I'm liberal as are most people I know in Phoenix general because most people from Phoenix are from California, the mid-West or Northeast...hardly factories of Christendom.

Old 05-24-2009, 04:19 PM

14 posts, read 77,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
Isn't every city surrounded by Suburbia??? I mean Boston to Virginia Beach is one big suburb anchored by key cities.

Phoenix is hardly conservative nor is it mostly christian, as if being christian is bad? I'm not, I'm a cafeteria catholic which isn't very "christian" of me and don't remember the last time I was in church. I'm liberal as are most people I know in Phoenix general because most people from Phoenix are from California, the mid-West or Northeast...hardly factories of Christendom.
I am in Surprise and it is very much so that way. Again my opinion could be a bit biased I am from Seattle and am used to being surrounded by a variety of different personalities. I am new here, so I could very well be looking in all the wrong places.

Old 05-24-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyAnn View Post
I am in Surprise and it is very much so that way. Again my opinion could be a bit biased I am from Seattle and am used to being surrounded by a variety of different personalities. I am new here, so I could very well be looking in all the wrong places.
I am from Seattle too, and because of that chose to live in the CITY...you live in Surprise! Sooooo SURPRISE you're in a Suburb that is very far from the core of the Valley! I am sure there are more white christians in that area but there is a mix. I have friends who are gay and raising families and live in Surprise and they love it. Your opinion is your experience so to generalize is wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area