Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 03:07 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,225,777 times

Advertisements

We purchased a Centex home and have been very happy with their service both before we closed and in the year since. They were recently purchased by Pulte so I have no idea how that is going to affect them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 05:22 PM

294 posts, read 989,803 times
we built through Woodside and experience was all positive. they are however in bankruptcy protection so we did place our deposit in escrow. all indications are they will emerge from bankruptcy protection.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:17 PM

130 posts, read 536,106 times
I agree with Motley Crew, but what else is knew, LOL, friends think alike. She has a Shea home and likes it and I have an Ashton Woods and all I can say is, they have been wonderful when things don't go exactly as planned and need adjusting. Meaning, they have been there for us and our neighbors in the customer service dept., which is the most important. That being said, if money was no issue like she said, then T.W. Lewis would be my builder of choice, just because they have a lot of style and are different and offer a lot, but again, they are more money.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:32 PM

22 posts, read 65,799 times
If you visit the AZ Department of Real Estate website, you will find a list of builders who are in bad shape, financially. You definitely want to stay away from these. Good Luck!

Old 07-15-2009, 08:53 PM

284 posts, read 1,020,849 times
I have a Richmond American Home,and so far i havent had any major problems. In fact i have someone comming out this month to fix 3 minor problems and i have been here close to 2 years. But after 2 years i guess your on your own =)For getting things fixed from the time i submit the report it usually takes about 2 week to get them repaired but all things were non emergencys. Cracked tiles,small cracks in stucco, door hinges etc

Old 07-15-2009, 11:44 PM

181 posts, read 697,179 times
Is U.S Home a good builder? Interested in a house built by U.S Home in Chandler. Thank you.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:07 PM

31 posts, read 110,544 times
Taylor Morrison is another big builder which hasn't been mentioned. I believe they are doing well despite the market...no bankruptcy in the horizon. Depending on which area you are looking into, some builders have better offerings than others. For instance - I love some of the homes they have in the west valley compared to what they offer in the east valley, I like Ashton Woods in Estrella vs Ashton Woods in Verrado, etc.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:24 PM

2 posts, read 7,369 times
This is my opinion, I am an owner of a Standard Pacific built home, owned it since new.
I am an Aerospace Quality Engineer, my wife works for a JD Power #1 home builder and I can only describe the quality of homes as the worst CRAP I have ever witnessed. I have taken over 100 photos of my home from bare ground through out the entire build. Not only had I watched my home being built, I also witnessed over 120 other home in the developement througout its process. The only way corrections were made was due to me having photos of the problems, other wise they ignored my requests.

The nick name around here is "Sub Standard Pacific".

I highly suggest bypassing any home built by (sub) Standard Pacific, I personally will never own a new or used home built by this builder and would go through great lengths to avoid them.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:53 PM

1 posts, read 5,089 times
For what its worth, I just had my brand new Taylor Morrison house inspected by a professional home inspector before closing. He was so impressed with the build quality that he's thinking of buying a house in the neighborhood. He has a very high opinion of Taylor Morrison as a quality builder by reputation, and he was very impressed by this house after the walk-through. He couldn't find anything wrong with the house!

I can't say too much about any issues with the house, since I'm not in it yet, but my initial impressions are very favorable (i.e. the house is GORGEOUS). Each division of Taylor Morrison (mortgage, sales, construction) has been fantastic to deal with. All of my background research suggests the company is very solid. They have very few complaints with either the Registrar of Contractors or the Better Business Bureau (for what that's worth), and they have not appeared on any lists noting liens against the company (i.e. signs of financial trouble).

You might want to check them out.

Last edited by Weblswobl; 07-21-2009 at 11:03 PM..

Old 07-22-2009, 08:06 AM

165 posts, read 405,827 times
I have been in my Fulton built home for 1½ years and have no real issues at all. Of course, some minor things come up, but Fulton has responded well to each item. All of my neighbors have said the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area