Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 10:31 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,323,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
Who said I drive a rice burner?
You did.

You drive a Japanese car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 09:44 AM

643 posts, read 1,396,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You did.

You drive a Japanese car.
A riceburner is a tricked out Japanese car. A stock Japanese car isn't

Old 08-13-2009, 05:59 PM

894 posts, read 2,207,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
My old roomate had a 94 ranger with a V6 and he pulled his quad in his trailer out to lake pleasant almost every weekend with no problems, it takes a while to get up to freeway speeds, but it can tow.
A quad weighs roughly 300 lbs, and the small utility trailers weigh about 500.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:02 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,323,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpresley View Post
A riceburner is a tricked out Japanese car. A stock Japanese car isn't
Ok Thanks. Although in my era - we called ANY Japanese car rice burners - before your time

Old 08-13-2009, 06:09 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,302,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Ok Thanks. Although in my era - we called ANY Japanese car rice burners - before your time
I have no idea how old you are, but my dad, if he still was alive would be 58. He always called them rice burners, or Jappanese junk. There is some sort of censorship on here so I changed the spelling and bolded the last one. Even when I was in high school in the late 80's to early 90's, they were refered to as rice burners. It has nothing to do with being modified at all.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpresley View Post
Mulriple 5 K negative airs, power gennys, buffers, why don't you google tools used for asbestos, lead and mold removal? The real deal is hauling 100plus clearbags of waste or hauling tons(literally_ of gravel to treat soil for lead. Enjoy your Iraq vacation!(If your gonna be an A-hole I am too) The real working class utilize their trucks. you can make love to your POS horrible sounding diesel cause God knows you ain't getting none with that attitude! I'll keep my ranger because I don't see the point in buying more than I need. If/when I buy my boat to enjoy lake pleasant I will get a ranger similar to your wifes
Thanks, I will enjoy my Iraq vacation. This is my 2nd time here. My first round got me the truck, and this round is paying it off. When your chic truck blows and engine on the way to pleasant, gimme a shout, chances are I will be on the way to the lake as well. I can pull my boat, your little truck, and your boat all the way there. But I will be sure to set the Smarty up and paint your truck black.
You trying to say I don't use my truck for its intended purpose? You don't even know me boy.
Sounds to me like you are a little jealous of my "POS horrible sounding diesel". I will be sure to give you a taste of all that when I catch you with your windows down. Ok bud?

Old 08-13-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I have no idea how old you are, but my dad, if he still was alive would be 58. He always called them rice burners, or Jappanese junk. There is some sort of censorship on here so I changed the spelling and bolded the last one. Even when I was in high school in the late 80's to early 90's, they were refered to as rice burners. It has nothing to do with being modified at all.
To me, every Japanese car is a ricer. The only thing that sets them apart is the clip on fart can when mom is letting her little boy use her car.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:19 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,435,281 times
I drive a Japanese car because they're reliable, cheap to fix, and great on gas. I spend around $15-$20 a week in gas and I make a 15 mile drive each way to work. My car is slow, you can call it a ricer all you want, but even truck pulling a house would beat me in a race.

No one likes ricers, not even import drivers, because like the d-bag who smoked out the family, they give the other drivers a bad name. Same can go with any type of vehicle, there is always going to be a group of asshats driving them.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:23 PM

643 posts, read 1,396,049 times
They are deffinently reliable but they are cheap to fix for a reason. I had a 92 Honda accord LX(It was loaded) auto, ac, cruise control, auto windows and locks, I opted for no leather at the dealer. I had a blowout and it blew the fender apart. The car had rust issues in 1995! I sold it to my uncle in Ramona, CA to do his commute to Los angeles. It's uglier than hell but still in his possesion now. He now drives a new Silverado. The accord see's limited action for roadtrips now and runs great at 287,000 miles. Like I said the body is covered in dents, rust and the paint is faided as hell(plus still missing the fender that blew off in 1994 when I was driving). made of **** sheet metal or not they are relieable

Last edited by mattpresley; 08-14-2009 at 03:39 PM..

Old 08-14-2009, 07:01 PM

253 posts, read 464,294 times
I agree with you, MattP, anyone who denies that fact is only doing what Detroit did for several years.
What a lot of people don't realize is that China is poised to get into the act. They have cars now that pass the clean air specs for 2015.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area