Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2009, 03:50 PM

18 posts, read 42,904 times

Advertisements

I am about to sign a lease at Desert Club.

I'm looking for some feedback before I pull the trigger.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Nick
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 07:19 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,207,990 times
I responded to your PM, but will comment here in the event others are interested.

The complex is very very nice. It is very well kept. They are in the process of repainting all of the buildings right now. Same colors and actually they looked fine to me before they painted other than a little ding here and there from not so careful movers, but shows they are investing in the property. The landscape folks are here just about daily caring for all the landscaping (which I might add I find gorgeous). The buildings were only completed in 2003/2004 or so, so they are fairly new.

The pool area with grill is very nice. Nothing beats the hot tub when the nights start to chill down a little bit.

The complex is always kept very clean.

Maintenance is responsive. Tho a hint when you call the office to request maintenance: their "work orders" only have so many spaces on them, so only call with not more than 1 or 2 things at a time. I had that happen once-some minor stuff like changing the air filter, fixing a hinge which had become loose on a cabinet. The last item was supposed to be "Replace balcony light bulb in ceiling fan". All the order picked up was "Replace balcony" lol! They did the first items, and then left me a copy with a question mark next to "Replace balcony" lol!!!! I guess sort of wondering how to replace the whole balcony. ;-) Tho I called the next day and they came out right away. I got a chuckle out of it.

The office folks have always been nice the few times I have interacted with them.

The complex is quiet. The only "noise" I have heard has been from the development behind Desert Club (Montage Condominiums). But not a lot of noise-mostly like when big football games are on and everyone has their windows open lol! I live in the back of the complex on the south side. I would possibly suspect units surrounding the pool you may get a bit of noise when the pool is busy.

The units are well constructed with nice details like arched doorways.

My favorite part of the unit is actually the balcony. I spend a lot of time out here. The balcony (or patio if you are on the 1st floor) has a ceiling fan and light. It is about the size of a small room (I didnt measure but appears to be about 10x10 give or take). I have one of the units which has french doors which open onto the balcony from the living room. So with both doors opened, the balcony is "part" of the living room. I have plants, an outdoor rug, a small dining set---and as soon as I find one I like, an outdoor chaise or sofa. The balcony (patio) areas are covered on 3 sides, which means you can pretty much be outside regardless if it is raining or whatever.

And the best part of the complex is location location location.

Right across the street from Lifetime Fitness and Cine Capri (movie theater), tons of restaurants, Whole Foods, and a bike shop where you can buy a bicycle which cost as much as a car. Right up the street from Kierland, and another large shopping area (Trader Joes, Lowes, Nordstrom Rack etc etc) at FLW & Scottsdale. Just a few miles to the west is Desert Ridge/City North. Then there is the tons of stuff in the Airpark area (generally east of Kierland) aka the area surrounding Scottsdale Airpark (private/business flights). Interestingly I only very rarely hear or see planes, so the flight path must not be directly over Desert Club.

Just about right across the street from the Fairmont Princess Resort. (And near the other resorts at Marriott Desert Ridge and Westin Kierland). Tons of golf courses nearby. And the luxury car dealers.

Excellent access to the 101.

I was just talking to someone at work today. The topic was "if you gave up your car for a month, would you have to do anything differently in your lifestyle." Provided that month wasnt when it was 115' outside lol, my response was absolutely not. I could live entirely within reasonable walking distance of where I live. There is even a hospital (Mayo Clinic at Mayo & 56th).

All in all a very nice place. I plan to be here a while.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area