Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 12:34 PM

986 posts, read 2,809,729 times

Advertisements

I am new here to Buckeye...I hear good and bad things about this town. Yesterday I got a flat tire on one of these back roads here. Within a few min. 2 cars stopped to ask if I needed any help. I am from the east coast. That would have never happened. So My first impression of my new town is a good one. Just needed to say that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 12:36 PM

39,093 posts, read 51,295,696 times
Buckeye is good people

Old 08-15-2009, 12:50 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,522,486 times
Nothing wrong with Buckeye (well, the city government is not as good as it could be, but that can be said about a lot of places). I think many people will be quite surprised at what the city becomes over the next 10 years.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
Nothing wrong with Buckeye (well, the city government is not as good as it could be, but that can be said about a lot of places). I think many people will be quite surprised at what the city becomes over the next 10 years.
True. And if it becomes what you envision in ten years, I bet nobody stops to help a stranger. It is significant that she says the acts of kindness happened on the back roads. If you got a flat going into Verrado, you would die on the side of the road before anyone would stop.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:13 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,522,486 times
"If you got a flat going into Verrado, you would die on the side of the road before anyone would stop."

That may be true, but I don't think you or I have personal experience with that.

"And if it becomes what you envision in ten years, I bet nobody stops to help a stranger."

You don't know that. Small population doesn't always translate to nice/helpful people and large population doesn't always translate to mean/unhelpful people. For example, when I lived in Surprise, I saw many people help other people. I was both on the giving and receiving end of that. I think it has to do with individual attitudes and beliefs, not population size.
But perhaps you are right. Maybe people aren't generally good.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
"If you got a flat going into Verrado, you would die on the side of the road before anyone would stop."

That may be true, but I don't think you or I have personal experience with that.

"And if it becomes what you envision in ten years, I bet nobody stops to help a stranger."

You don't know that. Small population doesn't always translate to nice/helpful people and large population doesn't always translate to mean/unhelpful people. For example, when I lived in Surprise, I saw many people help other people. I was both on the giving and receiving end of that. I think it has to do with individual attitudes and beliefs, not population size.
But perhaps you are right. Maybe people aren't generally good.
The more rats in the maze the less we care about each other. Years ago we had green "badges" that hung from our mirrors in Estrella. So we knew who "we" were and had a bond of sorts even though we lived in a cookie cutter development. Those days are gone and now everyone out there is just another murderer or robber. I wouldn't stop except for the Swedish Women's Downhill Team. I think parts of Buckeye are like the old days in Estrella. My post about good people in Buckeye was serious. But, with growth, those days will be gone there soon as well.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:30 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,100,612 times
I still have hope for humankind.

We can all help each other; it's not that hard.

Didya get your tire fixed?

Old 08-15-2009, 01:46 PM

986 posts, read 2,809,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
I still have hope for humankind.

We can all help each other; it's not that hard.

Didya get your tire fixed?
Yes I did...my car is about 5 years old. They have the original tires. Already had one tire patched about a year ago. It was recomended that I get 2 new, more heat resistant tires. Did that this morning. But I now know if I run into trouble again..someone will stop and help.

Old 08-15-2009, 03:03 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,725,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
I am new here to Buckeye...I hear good and bad things about this town. Yesterday I got a flat tire on one of these back roads here. Within a few min. 2 cars stopped to ask if I needed any help. I am from the east coast. That would have never happened. So My first impression of my new town is a good one. Just needed to say that
Positives nowadays always create great news, Milliebfit.

Glad to hear everything worked out ok for you and, hopefully, no more flats.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:01 PM

7 posts, read 16,767 times
The Verrado comment is interesting - I have never met a more helpful, caring bunch of people in my life - both in Verrado AND Buckeye in general. I, too, am from the east coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area