Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 05:29 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,581,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
More like you'd have to pay US if you wanted to live HERE. Perhaps a little monetary donation or two would make it a little more possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself.
What is the POINT of you jumping into a thread (yet again) and spouting how you don't want to live in Phoenix? We get it already, just move on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 08:24 PM

683 posts, read 2,653,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Since I have no desire to even visit the Midwest----------I see no reason to pay for the privilege of actually moving there.
I had to go back to Illinois a couple months ago for a High School class reunion. It was a lot of fun seeing my friends, but the weather was horrible. I was there for five days and every day it was around 95 degrees with 70 percent humidity. It was still uncomfortable at night after the sun went down.

The thing I hated the most was getting soaking wet with sweat and not being able to dry off. The shade is useless for cooling down and drying off, I had to change clothes.

And then there were the bugs. And other things, but I don't want to go into too many details right now. I just know I couldn't live back there. My brothers and sister like it though and they don't think they could handle living here in Arizona. Whether or not one place is better or worse than the other one just depends on the individual. It's kind of silly to argue about preferences, but I guess there's some people that don't understand that.

I'll probably go back to Illinois again. Ten years from now we'll have another reunion.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:26 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,877,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic View Post
What is the POINT of you jumping into a thread (yet again) and spouting how you don't want to live in Phoenix? We get it already, just move on!
Ahhh....it would get pretty boring if no one that is miserable made us justify what is good! Just kidding Steve'O...you do have some good critter-bug info

Last edited by Grannysroost; 08-23-2009 at 08:45 PM..

Old 09-03-2009, 09:58 PM

124 posts, read 661,811 times
I sure do miss the sunsets in AZ...we have been back for about 6 weeks now, and I have seen only 2 halfway decent sunsets, ......I also miss the heat, and the sun!!! temps have only gotten into the 8o's since we have been back as well, along with tons of rain, and days that are about 75!!
Oh!!! and the grocery stores seem to have more variety down there too!! especially whole foods and trader joes. I could have stayed, but it would have meant my husband traveling back to MN during the week, and only being home on the weekends...I didnt want him to have to do that, nor did I want my son to have to go without his "da" all week long, then see him cry everytime he left..........wasn't worth it.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:13 AM

3,995 posts, read 10,027,943 times
Quote:
More like you'd have to pay US if you wanted to live HERE. Perhaps a little monetary donation or two would make it a little more possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself.
LOL, I'll leave a coal deposit each time I must visit Chicago, which luckily is rare now! Don't worry I'd never live there, gross...I'd either go crazy in Chicago from cabin fever because of horrible year round whether, dodging bullets, living in segregated communities, and the only outdoor activity would involve "hiking" urban sidewalks looking at the buildings...

Old 09-04-2009, 01:19 AM

3,995 posts, read 10,027,943 times
Quote:
NC has temps that arent 192 degrees for 5 months, rainfall, lush green foilage, mountains, miles and miles and miles of oceanfront, etc, etc, and you bring up humidity? Really?

Rhododendron & Mountains on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/markvandyke/3637676395/in/set-72157613513234044/ - broken link)
Right the NC temps are 80-90 with 70-90% humidity which make it feel like 192 for 5 months...mountains??? LMBO...those NC mountains are half a hill here. OMG, it might ran this weekend and it has been in the mountains and Flagstaff...where there is lush green foliage...I don't really like NC beaches though, the waves remind me of Lake Pleasant's, Lake Mead's, Lake Powell's, Roosevelt Lake's, etc...I'll take the Pacific and Mexican beaches over NC's splash pads...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area