Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2009, 09:29 AM

9 posts, read 51,124 times

Advertisements

I'm moving from Ohio to either northeast Gilbert or southeast Scottsdale in early January. We're probably just getting a U-Haul trailer. It looks like it would cost us an extra $1000 to get truck big enough to take our beds (once you consider gas), so we'll probably get new ones.

So I'm just wondering if anybody has any insight into where to look. It'd obviously be the most convenient just to have the beds delivered, but I suppose we could empty out our stuff then stick the beds in the trailer before we took it back.

It seems like a silly question, but I don't really know where to shop. Those "Mattress Warehouse"-type places always seem kinda shady, but department/furniture stores usually look worse than a used car dealership the way they say everything is a $10,000 bed that's on sale for $1,599 and you can't help thinking your getting screwed.

We're looking for a King for us and then something for a 5-year-old and a 12-year-old.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 02:50 PM
JH6

1,435 posts, read 3,220,983 times
I'm not from the Phoenix area yet, but there is a very large Ikea store in Tempe that has "acres" of home items. The last time I was there, they had tons of beds. They do delivery as well.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:40 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,424,780 times
I have used R&S mattress before, they deliver for free. The delivery was within 2 days of purchase, it was just a random guy in a pickup truck, kind of shady so I just had him leave my mattress by my front door and I took them in myself.

The "No Body Beats Mitch" place has VERY cheap mattresses, I am talking $150 for a brand name queen set, and they have options like free delivery with purchase, among other things, we took the "free tv" which turned out to be an old 20" CRT but it works for my patio.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:47 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,486,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post

The "No Body Beats Mitch" place has VERY cheap mattresses, I am talking $150 for a brand name queen set, and they have options like free delivery with purchase, among other things, we took the "free tv" which turned out to be an old 20" CRT but it works for my patio.
I was just looking at their website this morning. We need to buy a new bed set for our youngest and maybe a couch for the play room and don't fell like shelling out a couple grand. I take it you recommend it?

Old 11-09-2009, 04:51 PM

9 posts, read 51,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinH View Post
I'm not from the Phoenix area yet, but there is a very large Ikea store in Tempe that has "acres" of home items. The last time I was there, they had tons of beds. They do delivery as well.
Hmm... I've been to the Ikea on the north end of Cinci a couple times, and I saw there was one in Tempe. Seems like a great place to go for clever lighting, and I love the meatballs and smoked salmon, but I guess I didn't notice the beds. Looking at the website the prices look good if they actually hold up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
That place sounds ... interesting I'll have to check it out.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:16 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,424,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
I was just looking at their website this morning. We need to buy a new bed set for our youngest and maybe a couch for the play room and don't fell like shelling out a couple grand. I take it you recommend it?
Yeah, the ad is gimmicky, but the place does have good deals, we got a headboard for $15, a tv stand for $10, bed frame for $15, among other items.

The bed we got is a Serta, from what the salesman said they are old matresses that never sold, mine was brand new but 3-4 years old.

You CAN haggle with these guys too, we got $20 taken off of our total at the end since we purchased multiple items.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area