Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2009, 11:07 PM

824 posts, read 2,335,647 times

Advertisements

American Traffic Solutions lost their contract for City of Phoenix red light cameras and have since taken their cameras down. Redflex has the contract now and has put up four cameras so far, according to KTAR.

KTAR.com - Phoenix makes changes in traffic cameras

Does anyone know what four Phoenix intersections currently have the cameras? All the article says is that 19th Ave/Northern will not be getting one this time around. The only info that I see online references the old locations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 07:38 AM

966 posts, read 1,344,978 times
There was a scamera going in at 51st Ave and Van Buren

Old 11-10-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
"51st Ave and Van Buren"
Thank you. That one must have gone up recently. I will post here if I come across any of the other three cameras in the City of Phoenix.

The really fun part of those intersections are the people who come to a nearly complete stop on a solid green because the cameras have made them lose their minds.

Old 11-10-2009, 03:36 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,874,311 times
I’ve seen a couple of intersections where they had the photo light cameras up and I’ve been lucky enough to never get caught in any. However I slow down and stop on the yellow when it comes up instead of trying to run the yellow and get caught. NEVER seen anyone as you said “nearly come to a complete stop on a green before”. That’s a new one.

I have seen too many drivers “blow through” their red and almost cause an accident however!

Old 11-10-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
"NEVER seen anyone as you said “nearly come to a complete stop on a green before”.
Yes, that happened a bunch of times near 7th Street and Bell Road (old ATS camera location). I am not sure if there is a new camera at that location because I have not driven around there lately.

I also witness this a couple of times per week at some Peoria red light camera intersections. I guess for some folks, once bitten, twice shy.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:27 PM

140 posts, read 467,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
American Traffic Solutions lost their contract for City of Phoenix red light cameras and have since taken their cameras down. Redflex has the contract now and has put up four cameras so far, according to KTAR.

KTAR.com - Phoenix makes changes in traffic cameras

Does anyone know what four Phoenix intersections currently have the cameras? All the article says is that 19th Ave/Northern will not be getting one this time around. The only info that I see online references the old locations.
Just drive around with a cheetah GPS (99$) or the like and you can pinpoint the accident increasing red light cameras in the valley.

Red Light Cameras Again Prove Ineffective and Dangerous: Accidents Increase 133% in Temple Terrace, FL « CameraFRAUD.com – The Cameras are Coming Down

"From the city. According to the Temple Terrace Police, the number of accidents at intersections with red light cameras from when they first went operational October 2008 through February of this year were up 133 percent compared to the previous year when there were no cameras."

"The final figures? Twenty of the 32 intersections show accidents up after the cameras were installed! Three remained the same and only nine intersections showed accidents decreasing."

Moderator cut: can't quote whole paragraphs, just a few sentences and the link

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 11-11-2009 at 11:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area