Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 05:32 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,343,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
Yes for sure! That's why I said I am sure some establishments "fib" about the quality of their grounds...but that's when common sense comes into play. Do you keep eating a Fili's burrito with pink ground beef? Or do you tell them to COOK you another? Or better yet, to give you a carnitas burrito?
I liked Filibertos but I don't eat there any longer for safety reasons but if you are eating carnitas, you should be fine. Just try to avoid sour cream if you are eating late at night (past 12 pm) because sour cream that stays out too long can develop Staph aureus (actually any dairy products can). That goes for Del Taco and Taco Bell too! If you have been eating at Filibertos for a while and have had no problems, and you know what to order that's been safe, I think it's fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 10:00 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,038,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I liked Filibertos but I don't eat there any longer for safety reasons but if you are eating carnitas, you should be fine. Just try to avoid sour cream if you are eating late at night (past 12 pm) because sour cream that stays out too long can develop Staph aureus (actually any dairy products can). That goes for Del Taco and Taco Bell too! If you have been eating at Filibertos for a while and have had no problems, and you know what to order that's been safe, I think it's fine.
I hate sour cream, for the taste and for the health reasons you listed. I actually DID get sick and I believe it was the sour cream. For one, I was the only one who ordered tacos with sour cream one night and was the only one repeatedly paying the porcelain gods a visit that night, LOL!

Old 12-18-2009, 06:13 PM

845 posts, read 2,331,595 times
Just to revisit this......The Filibertos I had in mind was on Dunlap near 19th Ave. It is gone including the building as well as the Wendy's. I did visit a Filibertos that lives on at 19th Ave. and Thunderbird. Chicken tostados were 2.19, 10 years ago. Now, 2.58. Very much the same fine food. I asked, and got a small cup of green salsa, and a red sauce with my tostada (chicken).
I think out of the 'toes, that Filibertos is the more special. I will be going back.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:27 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,305,741 times
They just opened a Filiberto's near my house in Chandler (Across the street from Hamilton High and Fulton Ranch). I was driving by and saw these 6 spotlights circling the air, signifying something big was going down, as I drove by, I noticed it was not some major event, just the grand opening of a local Filibertos.

I was wondering what those pilots thought that were circling above to make their approach at Chandler Regional Airport. The parking lot was packed, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area