Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2009, 06:27 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,773,843 times

Advertisements

Ive watched just about every Youtube video on this subject (http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f) .... and find it one of the more exciting and believable UFO sightings, especially when it is corroborated by the Governor himself .

If you are an actual witness to the sighting , could you please tell me what you saw that night(s) and HOW convinced you are that it was something very unexplainable and if it truly like an alien ship ? How close do you think you were to it ? Thanks for sharing .

Old 11-27-2009, 10:58 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
You mean the 3 flares that were tied to some teatherd balloons?

Old 11-27-2009, 11:00 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,518,721 times
I've seen them hundreds of times and up close, no less. They're flares from F-16s, A-10s and sometimes C-130s.
If you spend a weekday evening/night in Gila Bend, you're almost sure to see a few "Phoenix Lights".

Old 11-28-2009, 07:51 AM

What about the neighborhood in Phoenix that was under the One Piece Object as it slowly passed over them....so close and huge that it blocked out all moon light momentarily ? Flares ? I think they would have been able to determine that .

Old 11-28-2009, 11:08 AM

75 posts, read 196,862 times
I was working late that night installing an point to point antenna on central around Indian School
somebody down in the computer room said Fox news was talking about some huge UFO flying over Phoenix so we went up the roof to look...I had some 7 or 8x binoculars in my brief case to look at the other building we were trying to get a singnal from.
I think we were 12 stories up and what we saw ....all 3 of us was not a flair.
It was huge blocked out the stars and slowly moved ....maybe 50 mph? I would guess 1/2 wide?
hard to tell at night.
There were 2 set of sightings.... the flairs which are seen all the time south of south mountian.
I lived in Ahwatukee back then and saw the flairs all the time......but this object moving over the city was not flair.....or ultra-lights etc.
a flair(s)

Old 11-28-2009, 12:04 PM

1,064 posts, read 2,665,246 times
Word has it that it was the Wal-mart mother-ship. If you looked closely you could see the little yellow happy face logo that was intent on slashing prices.

When Phoenix was doing really well and everyone had great jobs, they had a hard time finding employees so they had to drop off a new batch.

Don't believe me? See for yourself!

Old 11-28-2009, 12:40 PM

8,044 posts, read 12,267,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Ive watched just about every Youtube video on this subject (http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f) .... and find it one of the more exciting and believable UFO sightings, especially when it is corroborated by the Governor himself .

If you are an actual witness to the sighting , could you please tell me what you saw that night(s) and HOW convinced you are that it was something very unexplainable and if it truly like an alien ship ? How close do you think you were to it ? Thanks for sharing .
Good grief! Another UFO freak who still wants to harp on what happened over 12 years ago. This whole incident was magnified into something which never should have gotten all this national media attention. Did the so called UFOs actually land anywhere with little green aliens coming out and making threats against anyone? NO! Was anybody taken hostage by strange creatures and then dumped in a remote area? NO!

For the last time: they were flares! It was a military experiment. The big mistake was how the military didn't come forth and say what they were until a long time afterward. Whatever they were, they were not spaceships invading us from distant galaxies!

Old 11-28-2009, 04:50 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,412,662 times
Smile saw them

I was on the other side of south Mountain on the reservation. From there they were close. It looked like they didn't move and were on the South side of the mountain. I only saw 3 lights I think but didnt see anything else. I dont think they moved the whole time. the lights were white not colored and because they were visible from all directions and continuous not blinking I think that it was not a vehicle just a light. They were pretty high maybe 3 to 5 thousand feet up and very bright and large. Somebody knows what they are and is not telling. Oh also from were I was the did not look like a triangle they were more like in a jagged line. To of them were closer together and the other farther away.

Old 11-28-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmh1013 View Post
I was working late that night installing an point to point antenna on central around Indian School
somebody down in the computer room said Fox news was talking about some huge UFO flying over Phoenix so we went up the roof to look...I had some 7 or 8x binoculars in my brief case to look at the other building we were trying to get a singnal from.
I think we were 12 stories up and what we saw ....all 3 of us was not a flair.
It was huge blocked out the stars and slowly moved ....maybe 50 mph? I would guess 1/2 wide?
hard to tell at night.
There were 2 set of sightings.... the flairs which are seen all the time south of south mountian.
I lived in Ahwatukee back then and saw the flairs all the time......but this object moving over the city was not flair.....or ultra-lights etc.
a flair(s)
What were your emotions at the time ? What did you think of the whole thing ? Fear ? About how many people saw what you saw and descibed it as you have just done ? Thanks.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:20 PM

3 posts, read 3,157 times
I did not see the lights but I know for a FACT that the event was not just a one nighter as has been reported.

The lights were being seen by co-workers that entire week who at the time, worked outside, at night in the area of Pima rd and Dynamite.

What ever the lights were, it absolutely was not a one night event...That I know for a fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area