Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 09:12 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,743,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
8 blocks = 1 mile.
While that is true in most of the city, 7th Ave and 7th Street are both only 1/2 mile each from Central.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:54 AM

652 posts, read 2,712,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
Got an email from friend (Realtor)

Does your realtor friend have any information about 2302 N. Central

Old 02-01-2010, 11:00 AM

3,995 posts, read 10,018,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickw252 View Post
Does your realtor friend have any information about 2302 N. Central
Tapestry on Central? Do you really want info?

Old 02-01-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
The Parallel spots on 5th Street and also on Portland are integrated within the development, they are not in the city right of way. In other words, the HOA maintains that area, not the city, and the city could not install meters there unless the HOA asks them to do so.
The spots on 5th and Portland are the city's and are not "owned" by the HOA. They are exactly like the parking spots on Roosevelt. The developer was responsible for the impact fees and that included curb and, sidewalk, and asphalt replacement...the city can and did do as it pleases with parking on the street.

Quote:
8 blocks = 1 mile. So they would be 0.9375 miles from light rail if the 7.5 blocks is correct.
Not in downtown and most of Central Phoenix. Like pbenj said, 7th Ave to 7th St is only a mile from one another so Central to either 7th Ave or 7th St would each be about 0.5 miles away.

Last edited by fcorrales80; 02-01-2010 at 12:07 PM..

Old 02-01-2010, 11:22 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,278,272 times
Quote:
The spots on 5th and Portland are the cities and are not "owned" by the HOA. They are exactly like the parking spots on Roosevelt. The developer was responsible for the impact fees and that included curb and, sidewalk, and asphalt replacement...the city can and did do as it pleases with parking on the street.
Sorry, but you are incorrect. That parallel parking is technically "on-site", and the city cannot "do as they please". It may appear to you that it is a city curb, but it is not. Lets just say I know a little more about this project than your friends that live there, and roopho realty, etc.

And yes, they are exactly like the parking spots on Roosevelt, which did not have parking meters until the developer asked them to be installed near the end of construction, because residents were parking there all day. The lane striping in the spots was done by the developer and will have to be maintained by the HOA.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Sorry, but you are incorrect. That parallel parking is technically "on-site", and the city cannot "do as they please". It may appear to you that it is a city curb, but it is not. Lets just say I know a little more about this project than your friends that live there, and roopho realty, etc.

And yes, they are exactly like the parking spots on Roosevelt, which did not have parking meters until the developer asked them to be installed near the end of construction, because residents were parking there all day. The lane striping in the spots was done by the developer and will have to be maintained by the HOA.
Right, just like you "knew" that Central to 7th St was a mile or 0.89blah blah miles.

If you think I am wrong you can call (602) 262-6284 to speak with Phoenix Street Transportation Department/Parking Services and ask about the street and curb right of ways...The shoulder and landscaping must be maintained by the owner but that doesn't give them "ownership" or "on-site" privileges.

That would be like me claiming to own a piece of Portland St in the Roosevelt neighborhood because I have to maintain the grass curb right next to the street! Cool, that is now my "on-site" piece of Portland St.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Right, just like you "knew" that Central to 7th St was a mile or 0.89blah blah miles.

If you think I am wrong you can call (602) 262-6284 to speak with Phoenix Street Transportation Department/Parking Services and ask about the street and curb right of ways...The shoulder and landscaping must be maintained by the owner but that doesn't give them "ownership" or "on-site" privileges.

That would be like me claiming to own a piece of Portland St in the Roosevelt neighborhood because I have to maintain the grass curb right next to the street! Cool, that is now my "on-site" piece of Portland St.

I'll let you do the research, because I already know the answer. And no, your example is not the same, unless your developer set it up the way Artisan Village was set up. Sometimes I think you get a little in over your head with discussions with people that just might have a little more info than you.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
I'll let you do the research, because I already know the answer. And no, your example is not the same, unless your developer set it up the way Artisan Village was set up. Sometimes I think you get a little in over your head with discussions with people that just might have a little more info than you.
Um hmmm, ok. I "get in over my head", yet you claim to know more about this but had many things on multiple posts that were easily verified as incorrect. I guess that means that the developer of Artisan or the HOA also collects the parking meter revenue since the meters are "on-site" right?

To Homlish; I kinda like the modern "bland" of Portland38! I think the minimalist aspect is rather attractive for some of the structures and next to historic and older buildings, these things can look rather cool.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Um hmmm, ok. I "get in over my head", yet you claim to know more about this but had many things on multiple posts that were easily verified as incorrect. I guess that means that the developer of Artisan or the HOA also collects the parking meter revenue since the meters are "on-site" right?

To Homlish; I kinda like the modern "bland" of Portland38! I think the minimalist aspect is rather attractive for some of the structures and next to historic and older buildings, these things can look rather cool.
No, the developer asked the city to install the parking meters, because people were parking there all day, and wanted the stores to thrive. The city eagerly obliged, because they get the revenue for the meters, and only asked the developer to coordinate the pouring of the concrete in which the meter stems were placed. I would post Eric's number for you, so you could call him, but I think he's too busy running his peg-leg pub in the Carribean to care one way or the other.

The only thing I was wrong about in this thread was the distance between 7th Street and Central, which is probably because I never walked it, and assumed it was the same as everywhere else (and most places in PHX).

We are talking about parking for crying out loud. Just trying to add some information that is accurate. I am not going to get baited into a 30 page thread about this, so I will let you declare victory, and say, yes, the on site parking that was designed to mimic off site parallel parking is CLEARLY off site, and the city can put meters there ANY time they want. You win.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
No, the developer asked the city to install the parking meters, because people were parking there all day, and wanted the stores to thrive. The city eagerly obliged, because they get the revenue for the meters, and only asked the developer to coordinate the pouring of the concrete in which the meter stems were placed. I would post Eric's number for you, so you could call him, but I think he's too busy running his peg-leg pub in the Carribean to care one way or the other.

The only thing I was wrong about in this thread was the distance between 7th Street and Central, which is probably because I never walked it, and assumed it was the same as everywhere else (and most places in PHX).

We are talking about parking for crying out loud. Just trying to add some information that is accurate. I am not going to get baited into a 30 page thread about this, so I will let you declare victory, and say, yes, the on site parking that was designed to mimic off site parallel parking is CLEARLY off site, and the city can put meters there ANY time they want. You win.
It isn't about "a victory or win" but giving out correct and useful information!

Thanks for your input, as it has been useful correcting your posts about HOA costs, street improvements, distance to public transit, metered times in effect, etc... I was happy to learn about Artisan lofts and those near the PCC though, so thanks for that as well; now back to Portland38.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area