Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 09:51 PM

125 posts, read 252,713 times

Advertisements

I used to go to phx all the time when I worked for america west and the heat didnt bother me at all but I never ran around barefoot...lol...I know Ill have a/c cmist, silly, but Im talking about when Im outside just walking around or watching a soccer game that i get whoozy.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 10:16 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,863,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rammie View Post
I used to go to phx all the time when I worked for america west and the heat didnt bother me at all but I never ran around barefoot...lol...I know Ill have a/c cmist, silly, but Im talking about when Im outside just walking around or watching a soccer game that i get whoozy.....
Then drink water private...

Old 12-07-2009, 10:20 PM

1,064 posts, read 2,666,095 times
Quote:
Hmm.. you probably wont enjoy summertime soccer games unless they are extremely early in the AM. And you won't be walking too much here either besides to your mailbox, since everything requires a car where you can turn on the A/C too.

I would say the wooziness factor can be kept to an absolute minimum as long as you don't go "running around barefoot" LOL!

Old 12-08-2009, 08:33 AM

1,292 posts, read 3,477,975 times
There are some positives associated with the heat, too. There's a reason elders flock to retirement developments in Arizona and Florida - that heat can feel good on old bones.

Plus, as you get older if you live in the north, you have to worry about slipping on an icy sidewalk or driveway and taking a bad fall. Breaking your hip as an older person can start a whole chain of health problems.

I speak as a Phoenix native, though. Our weather seems very natural to me - I love the heat and I love the change of cold and rainy days. In life as in music, it's all about rhythm.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:41 AM

125 posts, read 252,713 times
When it is dry here it doesnt bother me at all but its the humidity thats bad and I dont remember arizona humidity in the 60% and higher bracket. I remember one summer the natives were complaining of the humidity and it was only 13%. I couldnt believe it. I think our lowest humidity here is in the 40% which is rare, the average is 60% or higher so the cold goes through your bones and the heat makes you whoozy...

Old 12-08-2009, 09:16 AM

1,064 posts, read 2,666,095 times
Quote:
When it is dry here it doesnt bother me at all but its the humidity thats bad and I dont remember arizona humidity in the 60% and higher bracket. I remember one summer the natives were complaining of the humidity and it was only 13%. I couldnt believe it. I think our lowest humidity here is in the 40% which is rare, the average is 60% or higher so the cold goes through your bones and the heat makes you whoozy...
I'm not trying to make you hate it before you get here, just take note of how 13% humidity feels when its over 100* outside. When its that hot, no humidity is welcome, and it doesnt feel so dry anymore.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:18 PM

20 posts, read 58,369 times
You should probably be more concerned with the air quality than the heat in Phoenix.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:08 PM

430 posts, read 1,410,356 times
Default Good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applequist View Post
You should probably be more concerned with the air quality than the heat in Phoenix.

man the dust is so bad in your home to. I run my sweeper probably more then most, 2 to 3 times a week, and I still get dust build up on the floors

Old 12-08-2009, 09:02 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,095,579 times
Yep.

Gotta dust a lot here.

No carpeting for me, thank you very much.

You can't keep that stuff clean.

But, we still wear shorts at night....

Old 12-08-2009, 09:14 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,863,692 times
No shorts here for now at 44...had to pull out an Alaska hoodie yesterday, but I still go sit outside with my coffee in the morning...amazing how warm the sun is at 44 degrees and 8 or 9 a.m. I have given up on being a dust fanatic short of once or twice a week, and the carpet is going to be history soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area