Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 08:44 PM

5 posts, read 20,758 times

Advertisements

Ivanabacowboy,

You made me crack up about not missing cleveland winters. I can so relate. I was walking my puppy today and it was 17 degrees with a wicked wind.

We have been out to AZ twice since October and will come again in April. I am so looking forward to this. Thanks again for all of the helpful input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 01:52 PM

21 posts, read 52,675 times
We are in Desert Ridge and the elementary school is great. Its called Wildfire and it is a very hi-tech Core Knowledge school (you can google Core Knowledge for more info). You do need to live west of 40th to get in so you would need to be in Aviano, Fireside or I believe the divider goes north into Tatum Highlands. Both Aviano and Fireside are master planned communities and you are 5 minutes from the Mayo Clinic and shops at Desert Ridge. They are newer than Grayhawk and DC Ranch but are desert landscape so not as "green."

Old 08-09-2011, 03:05 PM

5 posts, read 7,007 times
Default Need some feedback on rental communities near Mayo Hospital East Mayo Blvd

Hi all,
We are also planning to relocate to Phoenix/Scottsdale and would like to rent for 3-6 months, closer to Mayo (on East Mayo Blvd)- couple of 'day-care' aged kids. Responses to earlier thread have helped me quite a bit and hopefully you can help me with with feedback on the rental communities within 5 miles radius? The budget is about 1600 per month (2/3 BR). Some folks at mayo told me to avoid 90 degrees, barossa (too noisy). Also areas around 56th street and bell (unsafe) (like Broadstone desert horizon- 16636 58th street)?- I still have to make a house hunting trip so am hoping to short-list some complexes/rental condos to look at.
What about the Kierland communities (paragon, tradition and legend)? couple of rentals I see available at 6900 E Princess Dr., and at 21320 N 56th St. Any feedback on these or surronding communities?

Thanks!

Old 08-09-2011, 03:18 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,427,256 times
I would not consider the 56th St and Bell area to be unsafe. I have no idea where that's coming from. It's good to come out and take a look for yourself. I know there are posters here who are quite familiar with the rental communities in North Scottsdale, hopefully they will chime in and help you out.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:22 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,691,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalmusafir View Post
Hi all,
We are also planning to relocate to Phoenix/Scottsdale and would like to rent for 3-6 months, closer to Mayo (on East Mayo Blvd)- couple of 'day-care' aged kids. Responses to earlier thread have helped me quite a bit and hopefully you can help me with with feedback on the rental communities within 5 miles radius? The budget is about 1600 per month (2/3 BR). Some folks at mayo told me to avoid 90 degrees, barossa (too noisy). Also areas around 56th street and bell (unsafe) (like Broadstone desert horizon- 16636 58th street)?- I still have to make a house hunting trip so am hoping to short-list some complexes/rental condos to look at.
What about the Kierland communities (paragon, tradition and legend)? couple of rentals I see available at 6900 E Princess Dr., and at 21320 N 56th St. Any feedback on these or surronding communities?

Thanks!
Is there a reason you prefer condos? - and is there a reason you've picked a 5 mile cutoff?

Going to 10 miles and including houses gives you quite a few more options.

You would still have a pretty decent commute - and a lot more choices...

Old 08-09-2011, 06:21 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,209,752 times
6900 Princess is Montage condos I think. I lived at Desert Club right behind it for 3 years, nice place. Barossa is nice too, it is right across the street to the west. Also whoever told you Bell and 56th is a bad area is wrong. I am trying to think what the 21320 N 56th would be, maybe Toscana or City North? Any apartment or condo in this whole general Kierland or Desert Ridge area will be in a nice neighborhood. On rentals, I liked Desert Club. Paragon is probably the nicest, most convenient...and most expensive other than the rentals at City North (not sure if City North is still doing rentals or if they all went condo, but initial rents were $2sf when it opened to give you an idea). 90 degrees is nice, the newest apartment in this part of town, but units are small (it is right by Barossa and across from Desert Club). I live at Crown Court now, by the Princess Resort, lots of kids here.

Suggest coming out and driving around for yourself.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:00 PM

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions. I am planning on visiting in the next 2 weeks and will likely have more questions then.
Also we are open to condos, apartments, houses and the 5 mile restriction was just approx- mainly due to the nature of the job at mayo which may require going out there at short notice at odd hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post
6900 Princess is Montage condos I think. I lived at Desert Club right behind it for 3 years, nice place. Barossa is nice too, it is right across the street to the west. Also whoever told you Bell and 56th is a bad area is wrong. I am trying to think what the 21320 N 56th would be, maybe Toscana or City North? Any apartment or condo in this whole general Kierland or Desert Ridge area will be in a nice neighborhood. On rentals, I liked Desert Club. Paragon is probably the nicest, most convenient...and most expensive other than the rentals at City North (not sure if City North is still doing rentals or if they all went condo, but initial rents were $2sf when it opened to give you an idea). 90 degrees is nice, the newest apartment in this part of town, but units are small (it is right by Barossa and across from Desert Club). I live at Crown Court now, by the Princess Resort, lots of kids here.

Suggest coming out and driving around for yourself.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:24 PM

7 posts, read 43,281 times
You would like grayhawk. Great schools and great neighborhood. Lots of amenities near by and close to the mayo clinic. I have 3 kids and we love it.

Good luck.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:21 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. can you reommend any thing in particular I should look at in this community? I found one apartment complex 'Edge at Grayhawk'? any other condo/apartment complexes you suggest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofaz View Post
You would like grayhawk. Great schools and great neighborhood. Lots of amenities near by and close to the mayo clinic. I have 3 kids and we love it.

Good luck.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:49 PM

7 posts, read 43,281 times
The Edge is good but you should also look into a rental home, there are plenty around in the area. This way you would get a good feeling for the school as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area