Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 07:50 AM

7 posts, read 12,042 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I have some repairs I need done on my Honda and was wondering if anyone had found somewhere better than Bell Honda. I have had mixed results and am willing to give someone else a try if they can do the same work for less than the dealership charges.
Thanks everyone!
Ellen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 08:35 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,743,008 times
We took our classic car to Mastertec on Thunderbird near 67th and were very happy with their service. They were very, very reasonable and they will work on just about any car. It is a father and son business and again, they were beyond reasonable for the fix they had to do. We will take our Dodge to them next.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:08 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,414,928 times
I agree with the comments about Bell Honda, they're arent the brightest mechanics, I watched them start my car with no oil in it, since they have the big windows to see what is going on I was able to run and stop them before any major damage was done, luckily I didn't pay for that oil change.

What work do you need done, and what year/make is the Honda? I know a few local mechanics, a few that work out of their home too.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:45 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,354,357 times
Why would anyone take their car to a dealer for non-warranty work? Might as well light your money on fire.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:47 AM

159 posts, read 397,163 times
Default Honda care center

There used to be a great independent Honda care center on the south side of Thomas just west of 32nd street. I am pretty sure it's still there.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:04 PM

116 posts, read 368,387 times
I have used a personal mechanic for a majority of things on different cars of mine.
What job is needed, year and model of car, plus any pertinent info.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:05 PM

7 posts, read 12,042 times
It's primarily a replacement of the CV boots and an engine mount. I've known about the CV boots for awhile but haven't had the money to replace them, but now I've heard that it may be more economical to just replace the CV shafts (with re-manufactured parts, if possible) since it is faster and easier than replacing just the boots.
Thanks for the help everyone!
Ellen

Old 12-16-2009, 06:05 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,354,357 times
If your CV boots have been torn for a while, you should replace the whole joint(s), since you've gotten dust and debris in there by now and that will destroy the ball bearings in short order. No point in just replacing the boot now and it's not much more labor to replace the whole thing. I'm doing inners and outers on my car now that the transmission is out. Total cost per boot kit is $9, which ain't bad for a Porsche. Replacing the whole axle is around $600 per. So boots are something I keep an eye on.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:42 PM

61 posts, read 95,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dektarr View Post
Hello,
I have some repairs I need done on my Honda and was wondering if anyone had found somewhere better than Bell Honda. I have had mixed results and am willing to give someone else a try if they can do the same work for less than the dealership charges.
Thanks everyone!
Ellen
Oh, there are indeed better alternatives to the "stealerships"! My Accord and my wallet have been very happy with Import Car Care (mechanic is Scott). I'd recommend without hesitation. A quick Google search should return the contact info for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: