Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 03:34 PM

19 posts, read 35,012 times

Advertisements

I'm visiting and randomly driving through the city w/my two teenagers just looking at the nieghborhoods.

I am officially crazy! Y did I think this was going to be a good idea!
lol
Pray for me!
Any recommendations...we've got about two hours of daylight left!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 03:47 PM

628 posts, read 1,439,101 times
Best thread ever.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:52 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,459,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearedtowardssalad View Post
Best thread ever.

Well, it IS amusing.

Randomly driving around was a mistake. You needed a bit of a plan beforehand. I know you were asking about Gilbert vs Estrella a while ago, have no idea where your thought process went after that.

We have no idea where you are now, so telling you where to spend the remaining daylight is pretty difficult.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Well, it IS amusing.

Randomly driving around was a mistake. You needed a bit of a plan beforehand. I know you were asking about Gilbert vs Estrella a while ago, have no idea where your thought process went after that.

We have no idea where you are now, so telling you where to spend the remaining daylight is pretty difficult.

I know it sounds funny...that was kind of the point. I actually have a method to my madness.

I needed to experience the drive into Estrella firsthand. That's where we were going.

I needed prayer 4 the decision to drive w/2 kids!!

more details later. just stopped 2 take photos.

Last edited by CaliBrokerMom; 12-30-2009 at 05:00 PM..

Old 12-30-2009, 08:51 PM

675 posts, read 1,416,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Well, it IS amusing.

I dunno- we've spent an afternoon just driving around through the suburbs looking at everything without really having a plan on where to go. Not sure about the kids tho! Depends on if they're into it or if they're gonna get whiny after an hour...

Old 12-30-2009, 09:02 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,871,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
I dunno- we've spent an afternoon just driving around through the suburbs looking at everything without really having a plan on where to go. Not sure about the kids tho! Depends on if they're into it or if they're gonna get whiny after an hour...
Whiny...They're teenagers...oops my bad...nevermind

Old 12-30-2009, 09:06 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,015,762 times
Just take a look at one community and that will give you an idea of what 75 percent of the Valley looks like.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:41 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,459,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
Just take a look at one community and that will give you an idea of what 75 percent of the Valley looks like.
That's really not true, particularly if you are willing to look beyond homes built in the last 10-15 years. Even in those homes, there are differences between them in the homes, the nearby amenities, and other quality of life issues.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:19 AM

Happy New Year Everyone!

Well, we are back home in CA. The post from yesterday was our last day in town. The ride with the teenagers got a better once we drove out to Estrella and up to Mountain Ranch. It's BEAUTIFUL there!! I love it. I didn't see many rentals there but the one I did see was reasonably priced..$1100 per month! I'd like to get a rental in whichever area I choose to be sure that's were I want to stay.
I was told by a local realtor that Estrella Foothills High School is a great school.

So all in all, I visited Gilbert and Mesa (friends there), I saw Northwest Phoenix (We stayed at the Sheraton Cresent), and Goodyear. I liked Goodyear the best. I am in love with those mountain views!

Old 01-01-2010, 10:45 AM

I wanted upload a few pics...is there a browse option to upload directly from the computer? When I click photo insert it asks for a url.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area