Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 05:23 PM

3 posts, read 5,578 times

Advertisements

We are arriving in Chandler in February to look for a home to rent. Any good reliable realty companies we can check with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 06:29 PM

2,154 posts, read 5,180,503 times
Yes, and reliable agents too!

Old 01-09-2010, 10:43 AM

3 posts, read 5,578 times
I'm assuming you are one of them?

Old 01-09-2010, 11:35 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,284,187 times
Check out azcentral.com for listing of homes for rent. Just choose the city you want and the parameters. Do you know what zip code you want to be in? Just try to avoid downtown Chandler. If you want to call a realtor, check out Hunt Realty (The Lucas Group) in Chandler. Not sure if they handle rentals, but if not they can probably point you in the right direction.

EDIT: The link below states apartments, but they list single family homes as well.

Apartments for Rent in Chandler | Apartment in Chandler*Arizona

Old 01-09-2010, 12:11 PM

2,154 posts, read 5,180,503 times
Yes, I would like to think so. You can click on my profile for more information about me.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:55 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,572,650 times
Why would you want to rent a SFH, where you have to depend on the whims of the owner for maintenance issues when you can rent an apartment, have a choice of two or more swimming pools and nice clubhouse for parties, and have same day maintenance?

I can never understand why anyone would rent a house. I rented a triplex unit once. It had a swamp cooler on the roof and my unit was the second floor. Of course the swamp cooler had a tendency to break on a mid-day Friday and when I got home the temp inside would be far to the left (the red needle would not even show in the thermometer on the wall). Of course the landlady was out of town and I had to wait until Monday. From that point on I said I would only rent from large apartment complexes.

Last edited by Howard Roark; 01-09-2010 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 01-09-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
Why would you want to rent a SFH, where you have to depend on the whims of the owner for maintenance issues when you can rent an apartment, have a choice of two or more swimming pools and nice clubhouse for parties, and have same day maintenance?

I can never understand why anyone would rent a house. I rented a triplex unit once. It had a swamp cooler on the roof and my unit was the second floor. Of course the swamp cooler had a tendency to break on a mid-day Friday and when I got home the temp inside would be far to the left (the red needle would not even show in the thermometer on the wall). Of course the landlady was out of town and I had to wait until Monday. From that point on I said I would only rent from large apartment complexes.

Funny, I can never understand why anyone would want to rent an apartment when they could get a single family home for approximately the same price. You have your own private yard, where you can have a dog or BBQ or entertain or garden. You have a garage or carport to keep your vehicle safer, you have no common walls, and no one above or below you, so you can blast your surround sound if you want to, or not hear the neighbors kid crying. Less traffic and noise outside your door, etc., etc. I guess that's why people prefer single family homes.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:33 PM

It's not difficult to find a quiet apartment complex, and I'm not talking about 55+ apartments. You just have to be smart about it. And I only rent on the top floors. The last time I had noise problems from apartment neighbors was in 2002 when I worked in NJ.

And a lot of apartments have garages. I haven't had any problem with carports. I drive an older vehicle anyway.

Every apartment complex I rent at has barbecues. No problem. I've used them.

My rent for two bedrooms and two bathrooms and includes full size washer and dryer, full kitchen (incl. dishwasher, microwave) is $906 per month.

And you CONVENIENTLY IGNORED my rant about maintenance. WHY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Funny, I can never understand why anyone would want to rent an apartment when they could get a single family home for approximately the same price. You have your own private yard, where you can have a dog or BBQ or entertain or garden. You have a garage or carport to keep your vehicle safer, you have no common walls, and no one above or below you, so you can blast your surround sound if you want to, or not hear the neighbors kid crying. Less traffic and noise outside your door, etc., etc. I guess that's why people prefer single family homes.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
It's not difficult to find a quiet apartment complex, and I'm not talking about 55+ apartments. You just have to be smart about it. And I only rent on the top floors. The last time I had noise problems from apartment neighbors was in 2002 when I worked in NJ.

And a lot of apartments have garages. I haven't had any problem with carports. I drive an older vehicle anyway.

Every apartment complex I rent at has barbecues. No problem. I've used them.

My rent for two bedrooms and two bathrooms and includes full size washer and dryer, full kitchen (incl. dishwasher, microwave) is $906 per month.

And you CONVENIENTLY IGNORED my rant about maintenance. WHY?
No, it is very hard to find a quiet apartment complex. Why would you want a top floor, and then you have to carry your groceries and furniture and other items up 2-3 flights of stairs? Then there's the neighbors walls right next door to you. Maybe you'll be lucky and they are the type of people that never make a peep, or are never home, but that's unlikely. Single family home offer much more privacy, which most people want.

Sure, some apartment complexes come with a 1 car garage which may or may not be conveniently attached to the unit. But those complexes are few and far between, and if you really need a garage, you're limiting your options in an area.

As far as maintenance, there is virtually no difference with any other landlord. You call with an issue, and they schedule to have the work done. You are still protected as a tenant whether you rent a house or an apartment, so there's no difference. Sorry you had a bad experience, but that is the exception and not the rule.

And you CONVENIENTLY IGNORED my rant about having a private backyard, WHY?

Old 01-09-2010, 02:57 PM

Private back yard? I have no interest in them.

Climing 2 or 3? Try four! I had a fourth floor apartment in Maryland a couple years ago. We had an elevator but I would take the stairs unless I had groceries. I like the idea of burning calories and staying thin.

I don't buy your maintenance thing. You would be lucky to get same day maintenance on a SFH you rent. Read my post. I had to suffer in 100 degree triplex unit for three nights! Because landlord was out for the weekend and could not fix the swamp cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
No, it is very hard to find a quiet apartment complex. Why would you want a top floor, and then you have to carry your groceries and furniture and other items up 2-3 flights of stairs? Then there's the neighbors walls right next door to you. Maybe you'll be lucky and they are the type of people that never make a peep, or are never home, but that's unlikely. Single family home offer much more privacy, which most people want.

Sure, some apartment complexes come with a 1 car garage which may or may not be conveniently attached to the unit. But those complexes are few and far between, and if you really need a garage, you're limiting your options in an area.

As far as maintenance, there is virtually no difference with any other landlord. You call with an issue, and they schedule to have the work done. You are still protected as a tenant whether you rent a house or an apartment, so there's no difference. Sorry you had a bad experience, but that is the exception and not the rule.

And you CONVENIENTLY IGNORED my rant about having a private backyard, WHY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: